Glitch in Elite Choice award

Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz and Best Western, a free agent in all other respects
Glitch in Elite Choice award

I got the 75K EC email back in July and nominated my sister for 3P and took the two electronic RCC passes (in well under 30 days). The confirmation page said "an email has been sent...". I didn't get an email so a couple days later I emailed and asked about it. They replied "wait 10 days" (so it's not a spam filter issue).

OK, I waited a couple weeks and emailed again, they said they would resend the email with the RCC passes. Nothing. They didn't even respond to my third email. My sister has her 3P kit by this time.

I have a three hour layover in ORD tomorrow so I called last Monday, they said they'd resend it. Nothing. Last night they gave me two 15 digit numbers over the phone and told me to show it to the RCC agent. Well, it's better than nothing.

What do y'all think the odds are that showing the number will work? Has this happened to anyone else?.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
The numbers should work.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Not sure why you said "it's better than nothing" cause the 15 digit number is as good as an email. I've been give the code in the past and it has worked.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bow Rider
I got the 75K EC email back in July and nominated my sister for 3P and took the two electronic RCC passes (in well under 30 days). The confirmation page said "an email has been sent...". I didn't get an email so a couple days later I emailed and asked about it. They replied "wait 10 days" (so it's not a spam filter issue).

OK, I waited a couple weeks and emailed again, they said they would resend the email with the RCC passes. Nothing. They didn't even respond to my third email. My sister has her 3P kit by this time.

I have a three hour layover in ORD tomorrow so I called last Monday, they said they'd resend it. Nothing. Last night they gave me two 15 digit numbers over the phone and told me to show it to the RCC agent. Well, it's better than nothing.

What do y'all think the odds are that showing the number will work? Has this happened to anyone else?.
You were offered 2 RCC passes on your 75K EC reward and nominate someone to 3P? Were you 1K at the time (from you profile)? When i got my 75K EC reward the only thing on it was to nominate someone to 3P. No other goodies at all.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by Baze
You were offered 2 RCC passes on your 75K EC reward and nominate someone to 3P? Were you 1K at the time (from you profile)? When i got my 75K EC reward the only thing on it was to nominate someone to 3P. No other goodies at all.
At 75k i was able to nominate someone and pick something else (cant remember what i picked, but i remember picking something).

granted, last year i wasn't 1k. were u 1k last year? maybe thats what makes the difference. (when i actually reached 75k this year i became 1k because i was at like 60k or something, then the deqm posted, and i crossed 75k at the exact same time i crossed 100k)
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Originally Posted by Baze
This was an option for those who held 1P status at the end of March 2009. 1Ks didn't have this option.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I've been 1K for 9 straight years.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz and Best Western, a free agent in all other respects
Originally Posted by Doug 1029
Not sure why you said "it's better than nothing" cause the 15 digit number is as good as an email. I've been give the code in the past and it has worked.
I thought I had to click on a link and print them out. I'm still new to this, I've never even been in an RCC before. It's good to know the numbers will work, thanks! (to both answerers)

What jetsfan92588 said. When the spring DEQMs posted I went past 75 and 100 in one swell foop.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.