Who should book?

Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver Elite
Who should book?

Quick question:

My father (1P) and I (1K) are planning a trip. Does it make any difference if I book the trip or if he books the trip, assuming we're both on the same PNR? Any advantages/disadvantages? We'll probably try and upgrade using e500's. Flying SFO-CMH.

Thanks,

Arnold
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by arnold_chen
Quick question:

My father (1P) and I (1K) are planning a trip. Does it make any difference if I book the trip or if he books the trip, assuming we're both on the same PNR? Any advantages/disadvantages? We'll probably try and upgrade using e500's. Flying SFO-CMH.

Thanks,

Arnold
Don't think it matters who books. To maximize chance of success on upgrade, I would split the PNR. People have reported being skipped over when there's only 1 spot and the PNR has 2 ppl in it.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 1:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
I believe if you use your e500 to upgrade both, the upgrade window will be 1K not 1P's.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.