Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:00 am

Programs: UA
Registered.

This will get me to a bit less then 77k EQM...

It's tempting to seek for a returnfare arround 12.000 miles to get to 1K... But unfortunately those same day returntrips ex Europe are extremely expensive...
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Originally Posted by Bralo20
It's tempting to seek for a returnfare arround 12.000 miles to get to 1K... But unfortunately those same day returntrips ex Europe are extremely expensive...
I hear you. You pretty much have to stay one night (outbound saturday, return sunday night) to get cheap fares.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:11 am

Programs: UA
I found myself a nice way to get to 1K...

BRU - IAD - LAX - IAD - BRU

For only 564 USD all in, same day return (leaving Sat back in BRU on Mon)

But I was wondering how is the immigration handling this in the US...

As a Belgian citizen I'm traveling under the Visa Waiver Program and I don't want to end up applying for a visa every time I'm going to visit the US...

I have still 2 trips to come (1 to IAH and 1 to LAS) this year but this extra same day return can work out fine for me if I don't get any trouble due this travel to the USA...
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:22 am

All passengers have to clear immigration and customs regardless of final destination. So many people with international transit through the US are actually exiting US within a few hours of arrival.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Bralo20
I found myself a nice way to get to 1K...

BRU - IAD - LAX - IAD - BRU

For only 564 USD all in, same day return (leaving Sat back in BRU on Mon)

But I was wondering how is the immigration handling this in the US...

As a Belgian citizen I'm traveling under the Visa Waiver Program and I don't want to end up applying for a visa every time I'm going to visit the US...

I have still 2 trips to come (1 to IAH and 1 to LAS) this year but this extra same day return can work out fine for me if I don't get any trouble due this travel to the USA...
If you have a machine-readable Belgian passport, use the free ESTA registration required for VWP nationals visiting the US, then why would you need a visa?

If you are just doing a mileage/status run, immigration/customs in the US at IAD is unlikely to make an issue of it as they've seen it before.

Enjoy your trip and the status that comes with it.

Word of warning about coming in on the BRU-IAD flight -- passport control at IAD is too often backlogged at that time of day.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:24 am

Programs: UA MP Premier Silver (sigh!), Virgin Elevate, HHonors, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Gold, Does AAA count?
Now registered. After checkig the spreadsheet, where I have two transcons over the next 4 weeks, instead of needing to cash in 4K miles worth of VISA Choices, I will requalify easily for 1P at 55166 miles.

Nice work and thanks UA!! I'm already planning next years trips and am planning 4 other family member trips, most on UAL. And yes, they all have MP accounts!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:27 am

Programs: UA MP Premier Silver (sigh!), Virgin Elevate, HHonors, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Gold, Does AAA count?
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Hmmm, now since I am already registered for AUSSIE DEQM, does this mean until OCT 15, all my flights are going to earn QUADRUPLE EQMs?? . After all its says COMBINABLE with all other offers. OH BOY!

UA, I love ya :-:, I just cant wipe the SMILE off my face tonight .
Hi DG!!

I just checked the "Exclusive offer for Australia or New Zealand residents: earn up to triple Elite Qualifying Miles (MPW029)"

and it says "Offer is combinable with other combinable offers." Since this new Fall DEQM offer is combinable too, we can say for the overlapping time period

"Quad EQM's" WOW! ^
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:28 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
As I was already over 100K I was going to go for 150K. I was going to need to do a transcon + midcon to get to 150K. Now with DEQM I am short 6k of 175K and that's without the transcon + midcon. ^
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:29 am

Programs: UA 1K-MM
This will put me over 200K for the year - too bad my SFO-FRA yesterday won't count.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:46 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
bleh... already at 110K... here we go further devaluing my 1K status...
Yes I'm sorry the status is YOURS alone I guess in your mind.

Originally Posted by Lightman7
This will put me over 200K for the year - too bad my SFO-FRA yesterday won't count.
It did count, just not twice.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Originally Posted by MP Premier
Hi DG!!

I just checked the "Exclusive offer for Australia or New Zealand residents: earn up to triple Elite Qualifying Miles (MPW029)"

and it says "Offer is combinable with other combinable offers." Since this new Fall DEQM offer is combinable too, we can say for the overlapping time period

"Quad EQM's" WOW! ^
I don't think you'll get 4x EQM. Each offer gives bonus EQMs equal to the base miles. So base + 2x bonus = 3x EQM.

Still not bad though.

(And you would get 4x EQM on a F/C/Y/B fare.)
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by dfreeman02
I don't think you'll get 4x EQM. Each offer gives bonus EQMs equal to the base miles. So base + 2x bonus = 3x EQM.

Still not bad though.

(And you would get 4x EQM on a F/C/Y/B fare.)
YES good point. Still, its better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick .
Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:50 am

Programs: United 1K (3MM) and RCC, elite levels for most hotel and car programs
Better than expected ...

Both because it gives us choice of either EQM or EQS and because I see no ticket purchase window -- so flights already booked would seem to count if they are in the 9/3 to December period.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:36 am

Programs: UA , UC, Marriott
The Government Gets it again!

I keep signing up for this eveytime knowing that it doesn't count for us on Govt Travel, but what the hell! I did have to book a DCA-ORD-LAX-ORD DCA next week just to get 1p for the 1st time, and hold it fo ra year.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by recreationguru
Both because it gives us choice of either EQM or EQS and because I see no ticket purchase window -- so flights already booked would seem to count if they are in the 9/3 to December period.
Oooh I hope so - I have two upcoming SFO/ORD flights, and DEQM will put me over 50K so that I can maintain 1P. I remain forever happy as 1P to get the 100% RDM bonus even if it means no SWUs

Now to get my family onboard, as my wife just booked SFO/IAD... this will probably also help her maintain 1P status!

I do feel for the 1K flyers who fly 70K+ BIS on non-MR activity and who will face more 1K competition for upgrades/etc. They're seeing so many more 1Ks joining their ranks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.