Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM - will UA match?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA MP Premier Silver (sigh!), Virgin Elevate, HHonors, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Gold, Does AAA count?
Originally Posted by fly2fly
did anyone notice in their MP accounts that they've been awarded DEQM recently?

i did a daytrip in Y for SFO-SEA-SFO on August 29 and received DEQM. Don't know if that's just the website crapping up or not. I was op-uped on the way back.
Not sure anyone would suggest you got lucky or mistakenly were given DEQM but some have warned about posting good fortune in the event MP somehow figured it out.

More likely something happened on your op-up which qualified you for that bonus.

OTOH, wouldn't it be something if UA gave out random DEQM for some flight you took recently as a goodwill/loyalty reward gesture - no qualification, no registration, just Thanks for being a UA elite and flying UA! Well, I can dream, can't I??
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA, AC, AA, DL, AS, WN
Originally Posted by unavaca
Did you recently "move" to Australia? The AU/NZ DEQM promo just started posting recently.
I haven't moved to Australia or New Zealand. Still in California.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gardener
<!-- Vignette V6 Wed Sep 02 09:16:08 2009 -->

Good find, new page created this morning also. Looks like a match is in the cards.
If thats the case and while I wish they wouldn't do it at all I like the TEQM for premium fares, now if they are going to do it they need to do it ASAP before my transcon in A on friday

also just noticed that AA is going all out on this even dropped PR release on the promo, I don't remember UA or AA releasing their promos to the AP before: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Americ...&asset=&ccode=

Last edited by ryan182; Sep 2, 2009 at 12:21 pm
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The only "devaluation" of 1K would be the number of SWUs in circulation, but from the number of almost expiring ones showing up on CC, lots of current 1Ks don't use the ones they already have. Of course, CR1s might also increase, but those will be based on future travel, so may not squeeze too much on the 500s upgrading. Of course, there is the priority boarding issue and those red carpets will have to be lengthened...

But if UA does jump into this one, I'll be 1K after these DEQMs post (and won't have to rely on UA joining the STARDo EQM bonus). But if not, I'll still pass the mark by early December and be on board for next year.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
The only "devaluation" of 1K would be the number of SWUs in circulation, but from the number of almost expiring ones showing up on CC, lots of current 1Ks don't use the ones they already have. Of course, CR1s might also increase, but those will be based on future travel, so may not squeeze too much on the 500s upgrading. Of course, there is the priority boarding issue and those red carpets will have to be lengthened...

But if UA does jump into this one, I'll be 1K after these DEQMs post (and won't have to rely on UA joining the STARDo EQM bonus). But if not, I'll still pass the mark by early December and be on board for next year.
My guess is the amount of SWU's in CC is because less people are traveling this year due to the economy. I know I am traveling less than half of what I did last year (when I barely missed 1K and didn't travel during the DEQM). This year I will probably barely miss 1P, and did travel during the DEQM.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K, 2MM, LT RCC
From a purely selfish point of view, I did a lot of extra travel to make it earlier, and I did, so I kind of hope they hold the line.

UA should innovate and do a double-fare promo - double your premium fares counted towards GS for some period.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
United will most certainly match this.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Hmm, if UA can hurry up and get a DEQM promo out by Friday and include tickets already booked, that's an easy 17k to add to the pile with Oct-Dec to still book.

It seems corporate travel was really gutted this year.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd expect UA to at least hold the effective date until 9/8. Can't see how they get much out of already heavy booked Labor day fligths.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
(MCI-SFO)

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
on a crj...eeewww
But...nonstop and not on WN... ^

Since I don't need to create an artificially unique routing to hit 1P, I'll take the nonstops and more hours on the ground in the Bay Area. (All of this assumes that my previously-booked trips will count for DEQM. If my Europe one doesn't, then forget it...I'm just a 2P next year.)

I have two CR-1's expiring in December. Not the "optimal" use of CR-1's, but I'd probably burn 'em to ensure I don't ride coach for this one. My SWU use this year was pretty optimal so flushing a couple CR-1's on a midcon doesn't really bother me *too* much.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:40 pm

Programs: Mosaic 2, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Premium Cabin free agent
Judging by the posts in the DL forum about the "world class" SM program we have a bunch of fliers coming to UA or AA. Kinda funny how they set out to create a world class program that makes their elites avoid making the top tier and allows them to try out other programs.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:42 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Unreal. They must really be hurting.

I'm sure UA will match. They sort of HAVE to.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by g_leyser
Unreal. They must really be hurting.
Meaning DL? or AA? or both?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
I hope UA matches because its the only way I'll have a shot at re-qualifying for 1K for 2010. Im sitting at 61K EQM YTD with three transcons booked for Sept/Oct and thats it. A DEQM that covered those three trips might put me within reach with a fourth transcon MR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.