Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

SEA-SFO has some UAX and SEA-LAX - all UAX now instead of mainline

Old Aug 21, 09, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, 1M

I have not noted this posted before, but a CR7 has been assigned to the SEA to SFO route, starting October 25th. I don't recall that aircraft being used on this route before. The good part is that this represents a much needed later evening flight.

Flight United Airlines 6340
Depart Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA) Terminal
Departure Time 7:30 PM
To San Francisco, CA (SFO) Terminal 3
Arrival Time 9:35 PM
Duration 2h05m
Meal
Aircraft Type CR7
Old Aug 21, 09, 1:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Welcome to our world down here at PDX...the only good part is that UA doesn't seem to know whether to keep the CR7 on a PDX-SFO route...flew the early morning flight this month and it was a CR7 and next month I'll be on the early flight again and it's a 757...be on the lookout for SEA-DEN on a CR7...it's happened to PDX and SMF so I doubt SEA is immune
Old Aug 21, 09, 1:51 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Hopefully a seasonal downgauge for the lighter loads. LAX-SEA has been CR7 for about a year now. I booked LAX-SFO-SEA to avoid 3 hours on an RJ.
Old Aug 21, 09, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver
I'm guessing part of it may have to do with the retirement of the 737 fleet from UA's network. Even if a 737 didn't do the SEA-SFO runs, could still be a result of the way UA is repositioning aircraft network-wide as a result.

And with that in mind, I've noticed that most of the 737's disappear off the schedule as of October 25th. So maybe there is something to my thinking.
Old Aug 21, 09, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
CR7 F > 737 F anyway.
Old Aug 21, 09, 2:09 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
SEA-SFO this month is a mix of A319/320 and 757. I haven't seen a 737 in a West Coast airport in a while (not that I really miss them, mind you).
Old Aug 21, 09, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 22 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
CR7 F > 737 F anyway.
On my last 737 flight OKC-DEN I really appreciated the old sounds of the 737 engines on take-off and the memories of flying weekly on Shuttle on the exact same plane.

I also appreciated the seasoned UA pilot instead of the pimply faced kid on the CR7.

I virtually always agree with what you have to say, but today I'll disagree. And now back to the original topic of this thread.
Old Aug 21, 09, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
CR7 F > 737 F anyway.
I strongly prefer 737 F over CR7 F. Overhead bin space is one big winner, the other is being able to actually stand up in the cabin and walk around.
Old Aug 21, 09, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post
Hopefully a seasonal downgauge for the lighter loads. LAX-SEA has been CR7 for about a year now. I booked LAX-SFO-SEA to avoid 3 hours on an RJ.
Me too!
Old Aug 21, 09, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Welcome to our world down here at PDX...
+1 ^
Old Aug 29, 09, 2:31 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
SEA-SFO Pending Equipment Change

FA on a recent flight said SEA-SFO to go to CRJ's mid-October. New news? Old News? Just a rumor?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 29, 09 at 3:24 pm Reason: merged with existing thread
Old Aug 29, 09, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
It's already been posted here but it's not all flights.. from what I've seen so far it's just one flight in the evening (and only a SEA-SFO...none of the SFO-SEA flights are going UX).
Old Aug 29, 09, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, United Club, AA EP, BR, CI, CX, WN, SPG, HH, Marriott Gold, LeClub Accor PLAT
Originally Posted by bmvaughn View Post
I strongly prefer 737 F over CR7 F. Overhead bin space is one big winner, the other is being able to actually stand up in the cabin and walk around.
+1 ^
Old Aug 30, 09, 12:29 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
SAN-SFO and SAN-DEN also get some CR7s later in October.
Old Aug 30, 09, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I wouldn't mind if they were using E170's but I would rather choose a different routing than take a CR7 in F unless it was route that usually has a CRJ. No FC Lav, insufficient overhead bins, and when comparing with mainline, no channel 9 and worse beverage selection.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: