Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

SEA-SFO has some UAX and SEA-LAX - all UAX now instead of mainline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA-SFO has some UAX and SEA-LAX - all UAX now instead of mainline

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:26 am

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by FOH
Don't say that too loudly. AC already flies an E-190 nonstop from SEA to YYZ.
Well, the difference with AC is that their E190s are actually nice and new. They also offer an IFE system even in Y. Flew them DEN - YUL and would gladly do it again.

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
According to Hemispheres, PDX-ORD was a UAX route... not sure if that was a typo since it's since been removed. Have a sense it was a typo.
It's absolutely a typo. While we don't get the 763s I used to fly on back in the early part of this decade, it's still a mix of 752s, A319s and A320s. Similar to SEA.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 8:11 pm
Suspended

The title here needs to be changed. It implies that SEA-SFO is an all UAX route, which it is not.

[Thread title modified 3/3/10. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Mar 3, 2010 at 9:40 am Reason: To reflect thread title edit.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Like old times.. mainline LAX-SEA (3/1/10 only)

I took a trip to LA over the weekend and my return flight on Mon 3/1 was scheduled to be LAX-PDX-SEA on UX departing at 1pm. My upgrade was waitlisted LAX-PDX and not looking good so I was going to try and hop on a nonstop LAX-SEA UX flight leaving at 12:55pm. I had been checking the loads daily and it looked like there was space. But yesterday morning the flight zeroed out in all buckets so it didn't look so good anymore. Then I noticed something odd.. UA190 LAX-SEA leaving at 5:49pm.. a 757! As far as I can tell it was a one day only occurrence.. and it looked wide open.

As expected, reservations would not confirm me on UA190 within 3 hours of departure because it would involve a routing change. So I went to the airport and the 1K counter at LAX confirmed me on the spot in F (both F and Y were just half full).

What a pleasure to be on a normal mainline dinner flight on this route again (well, normal for me.. it was mis-catered and the NRSA sitting next to me didn't get a salad or roll with her meal).
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I wouldn't call it "mis-catered". There were probably a lot of last-minute upgrades like yourself. In addition, non-revs are never guaranteed a meal. Paying passengers always come first.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by formeraa
I wouldn't call it "mis-catered". There were probably a lot of last-minute upgrades like yourself. In addition, non-revs are never guaranteed a meal. Paying passengers always come first.
The FA actually said it was mis-catered.. they loaded plenty of entrees for everyone, but not enough sides. Also she said several of the entree beef salads came with no beef.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
There were a number of extra 757 movements in the PNW the past few days given the end of the Olympics. I noticed these:
- 757 YVR-PDX on 3/1
- 757 PDX-YVR on 2/28
- 2x757 YVR-JFK on 3/1
- 757 SEA-YVR on 3/1
Old Mar 2, 2010, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by noah
There were a number of extra 757 movements in the PNW the past few days given the end of the Olympics. I noticed these:
- 757 YVR-PDX on 3/1
- 757 PDX-YVR on 2/28
- 2x757 YVR-JFK on 3/1
- 757 SEA-YVR on 3/1
On 2/28 UA190 was LAX-YVR also.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Generally, there arewere no sides on SEA-LAX (side salads only on midcons and transcons)
Old Mar 2, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: 1.3mm
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
I took a trip to LA over the weekend and my return flight on Mon 3/1 was scheduled to be LAX-PDX-SEA on UX departing at 1pm. My upgrade was waitlisted LAX-PDX and not looking good so I was going to try and hop on a nonstop LAX-SEA UX flight leaving at 12:55pm. I had been checking the loads daily and it looked like there was space. But yesterday morning the flight zeroed out in all buckets so it didn't look so good anymore. Then I noticed something odd.. UA190 LAX-SEA leaving at 5:49pm.. a 757! As far as I can tell it was a one day only occurrence.. and it looked wide open.

I stand-by and took this flight on Feb 16th... I too was shocked that it was a 757 to SEA. I had to double check to make sure I wasn't at SFO. It was full. Hopefully they start to resume the bigger planes back and forth.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 3, 2010 at 7:59 am Reason: fix html
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Seriously considering moving my SEA-SFO and SEA-LAX returns to VX...
Old Mar 3, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
LAX-LAS is also getting a CR7 frequency this Spring ...
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, 1M
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
The early evening flight, the last flight of the day, from SEA to SFO is now operated by UAX and has been for the past month or two. I frequently travel this route and availability on this flight is almost always scarce, often totally zeroed out in all classes well before the day of travel. It's been that way for the past month or so since I've been checking, and doesn't seem to matter what day of the week it is. One way flights in coach are often available only in Y or F, if at all. Maybe this is by design to keep business day trippers to buy much higher fare class, but it generally has caused me to not take the trip and to do conference calls instead (or in one case fly AS home). This would seem to be a good flight to at least get an A319 on it.
I see that by June of 2010 the last two flights of the day from SEA to SFO will be CRJ-700s. Even when the penultimate flight was a 757 it was frequently overbooked. One wonders what UA is up to in this market?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by mdspadeccom
I see that by June of 2010 the last two flights of the day from SEA to SFO will be CRJ-700s. Even when the penultimate flight was a 757 it was frequently overbooked. One wonders what UA is up to in this market?
Giving it away to AS?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by unavaca
Giving it away to AS?
And WN (OAK/BUR) and VX?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Seems like UA and AS have already swapped their market positions in SEA. I wonder where all the UA aircraft that used to surround the N satellite have disappeared to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.