Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Express Jet flying some UA* routes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2009, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Not sure about UA specifically, but most airlines have provisions in the pilot contracts about what types of planes regional or express carriers are allowed to fly, to protect mainline pilots work. I could be totally wrong, but am not aware of any US carrier where regional carriers like UAX are allowed flying larger jets like the 737.

Are you sure you didn't see CR7's or E70's at the F gates? While these aircraft do often board at C concourse, some of them use the E/F gates as well, and these are certainly larger compared to other UAX aircraft.
Actually E70's never park at the E/F gates in ORD. C1-C9/B20 and up.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by IndyWA
Actually E70's never park at the E/F gates in ORD. C1-C9/B20 and up.
Pretty sure I've seen E70s at T2, but maybe a poor recollection.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by gengar
Pretty sure I've seen E70s at T2, but maybe a poor recollection.
I've been working them for years now - never seen it happen (except for AC and NW)
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Fax vs Email

I responded to the earlier email and received a reply this morning:

Your email has been forwarded to my department for review. I apologize for the previous email.

We were just informed on June 12, 2009 Express Jet is a partner until September 1, 2009. The processing for this new partner is not yet in place. Please contact Mileage Plus after June 17, 2009 and we will be able to add any qualifying flights. You may call the 1K Mileage Plus desk at xxx-xxx-xxxx

I also faxed MP on Friday. The flight was credited by this morning.

Fax wins [for me] again.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I responded to the earlier email and received a reply this morning:

Your email has been forwarded to my department for review. I apologize for the previous email.

We were just informed on June 12, 2009 Express Jet is a partner until September 1, 2009. The processing for this new partner is not yet in place. Please contact Mileage Plus after June 17, 2009 and we will be able to add any qualifying flights. You may call the 1K Mileage Plus desk at xxx-xxx-xxxx

I also faxed MP on Friday. The flight was credited by this morning.

Fax wins [for me] again.
Thanks for the heads up and for others that posted. I just realized that several segments on ExpressJet didn't post for this exact reason. I have to fly the SDF-ORD route to get anywhere so lost segments (and miles) would've been a deal breaker. Now to try and get my miles back...
Old Jun 15, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by IndyWA
I've been working them for years now - never seen it happen (except for AC and NW)
You know what, it probably was AC E70s that I've seen at T2.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
If you wanna get specific, AC actually flies E75's (not E70's) and E90's into T2, they gates E1/E2. I didn't realize UAX didn't fly E70's into T2, I guess I just made a bad assumption that since the CR7's come into T2 sometimes, that the E70's did too. I stand corrected.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I see ExpressJet is running this again this year (can't find the recent thread via search), hopefully they don't deliver Unaccompanied Minors to the wrong airport like they've been doing for CO:
http://consumerist.com/5293316/conti...-wrong-airport
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by uacsr
from what we have been told, expressjet is going to fly for us on the east coast on routes that have been mesa flying until mesa can recover from the pilot shortage they are experiencing. to bad they can not get a longer contract as they are heads above any uax carrier imho, including skywest
I'm going to give a dissenting opinion. Flown ExpressJet operating for CO. There was nothing wrong with it, I'd give an average rating. But I hate the ERJ's, especially compared to CR7's and E70's. And have always great experiences on both SkyWest and GoJet operating as UA Express. IMHO, these are by far the two best UAX carriers.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I'm going to give a dissenting opinion. Flown ExpressJet operating for CO. There was nothing wrong with it, I'd give an average rating. But I hate the ERJ's, especially compared to CR7's and E70's. And have always great experiences on both SkyWest and GoJet operating as UA Express. IMHO, these are by far the two best UAX carriers.
Now that CO has started with the Qs, I have learned to love the ERJs, particularly because of the one-seat side!
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Sitting at gate F9 at ORD about to board a flight to CVG. It's an E145 with Expressjet livery.

I wonder if the miles credit automatically now?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by shisochou
Sitting at gate F9 at ORD about to board a flight to CVG. It's an E145 with Expressjet livery.

I wonder if the miles credit automatically now?
Yeah, they do. After correcting some older trips they started posting automatically for me.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by grizzles
Yeah, they do. After correcting some older trips they started posting automatically for me.
Has anyone had any trouble receiving fare bonus for ExpressJet flights? I now have 2 flights that are listed as B Class yet they don't have a * next to them and indeed they didn't receive the 50% bonus whereas my connecting segment (mainline) does have the bonus....
Old Jul 27, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by grizzles
Has anyone had any trouble receiving fare bonus for ExpressJet flights? I now have 2 flights that are listed as B Class yet they don't have a * next to them and indeed they didn't receive the 50% bonus whereas my connecting segment (mainline) does have the bonus....
Took an ExpressJet plane (ticket said UAX) from ORD to CLE yesterday. It really was an old COEx Kenjet, complete with grey leather seats and blue carpet and a non-functioning XM radio in the armrest. Now I am new to the MP game but I will have to see if I get both my EQMs and EQPs for my B fare flight. BTW, the flight was fine. The only difference between this one and the COEx flights I take on a biweekly basis was the lack of pretzels on this flight. The UA agent in the RCC gave me an exit row seat with minimal complaint, the RCC at ORD is nice (I don't drink) so all in all, looking foward to the new world of post Oct 24th.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1.55MM Lifetime Premier Gold, AA Exec. Plt., NW MM(875K on DL), MC Gold, HH Diamond, SPG, HY GP
Express Jet flying some UA* routes

What experiences have you had with Express Jet (XE) flying for UA*? I have flown them once from IAD to CLE and thought they would be better than Mesa until I read the following CO thread:

47 CO Pax Imprisoned Overnight on Stinky E145 @ Rochester, MN

And I thought they were better than Mesa.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.