Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access Without Star Alliance Gold Card [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access Without Star Alliance Gold Card [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler
That's odd. I transit FRA quite often (sadly, often in Y) and have never had an issue accessing the SEN lounge. They have *always* asked me for my card though - this never fails. I haven't tried it without a card but knowing the propensity towards following the rules that tends to prevail, I'd be quite surprised if they let anyone in without that magic little piece of plastic.
Yeah, who knows. Everyone has an "off" day in life from time to time. I'm sure the younger gal that morning was still sleeping off her Saturday night.

In any case, that SEN lounge in T1 near the US departures is often bursting at the seams. Sometimes it feels more stressful to fight the crowds inside the lounge than it is to just grab a coffee out in the terminal...
That's the truth. ^
Old Nov 12, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1P, TK Elite Plus, AZ Freccia Alata Plus
Access to LH lounge without 1P card

I've just made it back to 1P last week.
Next weekend I'll have a flight on LH from MUC. I don't think I'll receive my new 1P card before that day. Is there still a chance I'll get into the LH Senator Lounge even without the *G card?
Can UA email me some kind of "official" confirmation that I'm *G again which I could show to the ladies at the LH lounge?
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
It will probably say *G on your BP, but that probably won't be enough to get you in. You can try; maybe someone can guest you in? Good luck.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had luck at LH lounges showing a printout of the MP web page that showed my status. Make sure it prints headers and footers as that will show the date it was printed. Got strange looks but they always let me in.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1P, TK Elite Plus, AZ Freccia Alata Plus
Originally Posted by Baze
I have had luck at LH lounges showing a printout of the MP web page that showed my status. Make sure it prints headers and footers as that will show the date it was printed. Got strange looks but they always let me in.
Thanks! That's a good idea. I will try that.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Just had to show card today in FRA for access to *gold lounge, even though boarding pass says *GOLD 1K on it. Glad I had gotten my new card in time for this Europe trip.

Strange happening at ORD though... United Club desk clerk looked at me like I had 3 heads or something. I had my 1K mm card with me, travellng int'l, waiting for upgrade to biz (did not clear). The clerk wanted to know if we were both travelling in biz... I said waiting for upgrades. This should NOT have been even asked, since I am *gold. Then she said, "Oh, I see, you're mm. OK, you can enter the lounge." WHAT???$$$@@@ (went in for short visit only, but really felt like I was trespassing after the reception I got)
Old Mar 3, 2013, 4:41 pm

Do they actually run FF number through database when they check?

Do they actually run the FF number through database or do they just visually check the name on the card is the same as the name on the ticket?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 5:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, thecuber
Originally Posted by thecuber
Do they actually run the FF number through database or do they just visually check the name on the card is the same as the name on the ticket?
IME, they enter /swipe the MP / card number (@UC) but not at *A non-UC lounges. However if you are checking because of some non-valid use, you are risking the card is confiscated.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:15 am

I did not have to show my card last week at the SEN lounge in FRA. I was flying intra-Europe Y on LH. I went to get the card out of my wallet while the Drache was scanning my BP, and she actually said, "I don't need to see it."

Perhaps it's different if flying LH rather than UA or other *A partner?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.