Search

AC seat assignment on MP award tickets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2009, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Premier, SPG Gold, BA Silver wanabee
AC seat assignment on MP award tickets

Hi all

I've just booked 2 award tickets LHR-YVR-SFO-LHR and to my pleasant surprise was offered the non-stop AC LHR-YVR for the first outbound leg (I'd assumed - perhaps wrongly - that UA would have pushed me on to their own metal and routed me through ORD or SFO).

I have seat assignments for all other legs apart from AC855. Do you know if it's possible to pre-assign seats for AC flights booked as MP awards?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been covered in previous threads

Bazzatel
Old Aug 6, 2009, 4:11 am

Yes you would need to call AC with your last name and flight times and they will find your itin and get you a seat assignment. Make sure you ask for the AC record locator so you can access it on AC's website too.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:45 am

Hello bazzatel,

When you call Air Canada for a seat assignment, you might want to ask them for the Air Canada locator number of your reservation.

Once you have this number, you can access the web site for Air Canada where you can track your reservation for possible changes to schedules. You will also learn more about the aircraft type.

You can also find changes to your itinerary by going to this site:

www.checkmytrip.com

After reaching this site, you should enter the Air Canada record locator number and your last name when you use this alternate site.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Premier, SPG Gold, BA Silver wanabee
Thanks a million - very helpful! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.