Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

First Class Seats to Paris, what do you recommend?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2002, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

We are going from Chicago to Paris in July, currently have 2E,2F, should we move to row one.

There is two of us, thanks
Old Apr 7, 2002, 10:48 pm

I don't see much difference between row 1 and 2 on the 777 in the E/F middle two seats...

------------------
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old Apr 7, 2002, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Any thoughts on 3 E/F???
It's what I booked for my honeymoon...
Old Apr 7, 2002, 11:22 pm

A few 777s do not have middle seats in row one. New configuration has only 10 seats in F. Row 2 or 3 would be best in case your aircraft has this new configuration.

[This message has been edited by Colin (edited 04-08-2002).]
Old Apr 8, 2002, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K-UGS
Here is my 2 cents.

Also remember that UA does not close the curtains between the classes. Therefore, I recommend the 1st or 2nd rows rather than the 3rd if you don't want to feel like being watched by someone from behind all the time.

Old Apr 8, 2002, 5:04 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA UA Premier Exec, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
They closed the curtains on my LAX-SYD-LAX trip in First a couple of weeks ago. That said, I would concur in getting Row 2 or Row 1. There is more noise and commotion the closer to the galley you get.

I was in 3J on IAD-CDG last year, and I preferred 2A on the way back (CDG-LAX). Both were on the 777.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by travellin man:
[B]They closed the curtains on my LAX-SYD-LAX trip in First a couple of weeks ago. That said, I would concur in getting Row 2 or Row 1. There is more noise and commotion the closer to the galley you get. [B]</font>
travellin man:

The galley in 777 F is close to row 1. Otherwise, there is another galley behind row 9 in J. It would seem that row one might be worse by your criteria...

&lt;G&gt;
Old Apr 9, 2002, 9:51 am

Location: Los Angeles, CA UA Premier Exec, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Oh yeah, I was thinking of the 747-400 I was just on LAX-SYD. In my trip report I definitely recommended against the row 5 window seats(closest to the galley and by far the noisiest and brightest). I forgot the 777 galley was up front. In that case, I recommend against row 1. (Hopefully if you get row 3 the curtains will be closed between the F and C cabins).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.