Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

ua2go says availability yes/no, agent says no/yes...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2002, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Following the discussion in this thread on how to 'read' the availability of saver awards on the ua2go site, I plugged in the following flights/dates: SFO-LHR departing 4/10/02; and the response seems to suggest there are no available saver awards (for an explanation of 'seems' see the referenced thread). It says, however, that there are saver awards on 4/11.

Then when I put in 4/11 as the departure date I get the 'convoluted' response that suggests there are spaces available; and if I increase the number of pax from 1 to 3, I get the message that says no seats available.

All of which leads me to believe that there are saver award spaces available on 4/11, but none on 4/10.

But when I call award reservations, they tell me there is space on 4/10 (but on a horrible route: SFO-IAD redeye, then IAD-LHR day flight) and there's no availabilty on 4/11

What gives? Is the ua2go site basically useless?? (I know it's not 'advertised' so UA has no obligation to ensure its functionality, but it sure would be useful to be able to check international award availability online...)

[Edit: Darn typos... And URLs... Note to self: do not post after drinking all evening ]

[This message has been edited by Flying Scotsman (edited 04-02-2002).]

Old Apr 3, 2002, 8:22 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
In a similar situation, I was told by an award agent that there was a different pool of award seats for the web and for award reservations agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.