Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Full service agent?: A poll

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2002, 6:24 am

until recently, YES!!! i averaged 150k miles per year for the past 4 years. coupled with my 12 hour work days when not travelling, i would have gladly paid a professional intermediary to track those miles and maximise my opportunities for upgrades and earning mileage. heck, i didn't even have the time to discover FlyerTalk until recently!

nowadays probably NO. i'm travelling and working a little less intensely, so have more time to do more advance planning myself. plus the treasure trove of advice available here on FT....
Old Apr 2, 2002, 1:10 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite

[This message has been edited by wharvey (edited 04-02-2002).]
Old Apr 2, 2002, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
No. I have yet to find an agent who can render more competent/conscientious service than me doing it for myself.
Old Apr 2, 2002, 4:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA MM *G. Continental *G
Until United Connection (may it rest in peace) came along I used a full service agent. I was probably her best customer yet she regularly screwed something up.

The good thing about using an agent was that I could make full fare international reservations and pay for them a week or so before leaving. This was helpful since I have to carry the purchase price until I get reimbursed. She was also able to get me an upgrade sometimes, but that had already become very rare.

I don't miss using an agent!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.