Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Old 767 International Seating Thread [Archived]

Old 767 International Seating Thread [Archived]

Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:23 pm

On an Intl 763, is 24AB E+ or E-?

I ask because this tells me it is E+ http://www.united.com/page/article/0...ational_config and my boarding pass says it is not...IAD-BRU, by the way. Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by hilton-gold
I ask because this tells me it is E+ http://www.united.com/page/article/0...ational_config and my boarding pass says it is not...IAD-BRU, by the way. Thanks.
Well according to seatguru, 24AB and FG are in E+ but 24CDE are not.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 7:21 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
wow, this thread is a real bear to search!

any opinions on seat 11B vs 15H on a 763? Seatguru says that 15H is a "standard good" economy plus seat, as opposed to the plain ol' "standard" 11B. any thoughts for this non-upgrading, non-C flying lowly 2P?
Old Nov 27, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
wow, this thread is a real bear to search!

any opinions on seat 11B vs 15H on a 763? Seatguru says that 15H is a "standard good" economy plus seat, as opposed to the plain ol' "standard" 11B. any thoughts for this non-upgrading, non-C flying lowly 2P?
Which version 763 are you flying? You mentioned C so I assumed the WW 3 class version but that plane doesn't have 15H. Anyway, I am flying ORD-AMS on Sunday and took 16F...hopefully I will get a paid upgrade offer to C. I am not holding my breath though because availability only shows C1 .
Old Nov 27, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
yeah, my bad, meant F, not C (see? it's so unfamiliar to me i don't even know what it's called, lol). i'll be on a 763 US.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 9:49 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
yeah, my bad, meant F, not C (see? it's so unfamiliar to me i don't even know what it's called, lol). i'll be on a 763 US.
I would take 15F instead because the inside person has two ways to get out and the middle seat is more likely to go empty than the window seat.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
15 C/D/E on 767-300 to Buenos Aires (EZE)

I tried to book these three seats for two of us and our infant and the 1K agent said she could not open those seats because they are exit row. On seatguru.com, however, it says that that is precisely where folks with infants are customarily seated because that's where the bassinet can be installed.

Has this changed? I am aware it's an exit row but those are the three seats in the middle of that row.

I guess I'm also a bit suspicious because the agent was pretty mean from the get-go and I'm a bit concerned she was possibly being vindictive and exercising what one of my friends refers to as "small power."

Not concluding such, just wondering . . .
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not an exit but rather a standard bulkhead AFAIK. Just sounds like a bad agent so call again.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
So, I'm flying SFO-IAD on a 3-class 763 tomorrow morning... what are the chances of scoring 13AB or 14AB? I know they're crew rest and generally unavailable, so I guess I'm asking how often they become available and what my chances are of getting them. I'm flying with my wife and both of us are 2P.

If they do become open, what's the best way to snag them - just asking at check-in or the gate?

The flight seems to be fairly full, though perhaps not way oversold, for whatever that's worth.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 4:02 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by cepheid
So, I'm flying SFO-IAD on a 3-class 763 tomorrow morning... what are the chances of scoring 13AB or 14AB?
OK, I'll answer my own question. SEA_Tigger may want to add this info to the OP, perhaps.

According to the GA, 13AB/14AB are given to pax "only" when the flight is oversold, i.e. they really need those last 4 seats. Presumably, this applies only to domestic flights and possibly "shorter" int'l flights, since I assume for longer int'l flights they'll actually need the seats for crew rest.

They are technically economy seats (they're as narrow as Y seats), but 14 has more legroom than E+ and 13 has as much legroom as C. Both have legrests and personal IFE (like the other C seats), despite the Y width. The tray tables are in the armrests. Because the seats are technically in the C cabin, pax sitting in those seats receive C service (drinks, meals, etc.), which is a nice bonus. The proximity to the galley can be bothersome, especially when the FAs congregate there, but on the other hand, the service is that much better because of it. You could probably also ask them to draw the curtain to experience pretty decent privacy, for better sleep. It's impossible to store anything larger than a small purse under the seat in front of you, because the tray and PTV storage of the next row blocks the underseat space. This is not a problem for 13AB, with the immense legroom, but could be a problem for 14AB.

It's basically a 3/4-opup, because it's free and gets C service, but is not quite the full C experience.

So, as I guess is obvious, I managed to snag 14AB for the flight. (Our flight was most certainly oversold, although it ended up with 2 Y seats empty because two people got kicked off the flight before we left the gate.) It definitely made the trip nicer, though the meal was kind of bleh. On the upside, service was wonderful.

Oh, and for anyone who needs noise-canceling headphones but faints at the thought of paying Bose prices, the Sony MDR-NC60s are incredibly effective, have excellent sound quality, and can be had for under $150. Highly recommended.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
What makes you sure it's a 2-cabin 767? The 3-cabin 767 is infinitely superior to the 757, but in your shoes I'd try to see if I could find something bigger (read: a 777) operating the route. Happens from time to time.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
In general I think 757F>767F
But the poster 's choices are 757F or 767C, which is far superior to any 2-class F. I would take the chance on that one.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Superguy
True. I have a ICN-NRT flight in C later this year and the UA agent told me it was in new C. BJ thought they were full of it as they're still pretty early on in the conversion process. Apparently the new seat maps are loaded for all the flights but few have actually convereted.

9C's a great seat and I wouldn't be bummed if the upgrade didn't clear. Even if it's still old C on the 763, still better than plain domestic F any day. If it's the old C, grab 5C or 5D if you can get it ... great seat. ^^
i couldn't agree more about 5c/d. ton's of room in front of your leg/foot rest to place a briefcase or other small bag while in flight tho i do disagree with seatguru about having pax walk in front of me-has never happened.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by goalie
i couldn't agree more about 5c/d.
Ditto. That's where we're sitting ORD-MUC...
Old Jan 10, 2008, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
i couldn't agree more about 5c/d. ton's of room in front of your leg/foot rest to place a briefcase or other small bag while in flight tho i do disagree with seatguru about having pax walk in front of me-has never happened.
Never happened to me either, though I only flew that once.

If you're downstairs on the 747, 24C and 24E are great seats with similar room too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.