FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   United Airlines Adds Premium Security Checkpoint Line at Denver International Airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/97940-united-airlines-adds-premium-security-checkpoint-line-denver-international-airport.html)

767-322ETOPS Mar 15, 2002 1:53 pm

United Airlines Adds Premium Security Checkpoint Line at Denver International Airport

CHICAGO, March 15, 2002 - United Airlines (NYSE: UAL) announced it will add a frequent-flyer security checkpoint line beginning Monday at Denver International Airport, making the travel experience easier at its second-largest hub.

http://www.ual.com/site/primaryPR/0,...8_1065,00.html

pseudoswede Mar 15, 2002 3:16 pm

1) 'bout d*mn time.
2) Now I just need to get 2P status somehow before late June. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

bxwatso Mar 15, 2002 3:20 pm

It appears that this line is for 1P and above.

bikenski Mar 18, 2002 9:51 am

This is all over the local news in Denver this morning. Is this special line open to Elite members of other airline programs as well, or only UA elites?

coyote Mar 18, 2002 9:58 am

bikenski,

According to 9news this morning, United agreed to allow other airline's elite members to use the lines as well. Specifically they mentioned that American elites would be included.

*HighFlyah* Mar 18, 2002 11:49 am

Wow, I am surprised it took that long seeing that ORD, SFO, LAX and I would guess IAD all had them months ago...

------------------
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

- Leonardo da Vinci

das Mar 18, 2002 12:18 pm

Just when I was wondering whether I would be able to make my 8:30am flight out of DEN next week (am taking a 5am shuttle from Breckenridge, so won't get to the airport til 7:15 - 7:30).

Thanks, United! Last time I flew out of DEN, it was a miserable 45 minute security line.

pseudoswede Mar 18, 2002 1:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bxwatso:
It appears that this line is for 1P and above.</font>
9news was pretty funny this morning. Around 6:10am, Gary Shapiro said the lines were for "Mileage Plus, Premier, and 1K members." Then at 6:40am, he said the lines were for "Mileage Plus, Premier Executive, and 1K members."

Kurt Mar 18, 2002 1:13 pm

Not surprised about Channel 9's gaffe; Denver's TV reporters are notorious for lazy fact-checking. As long as they have a shot of people actually waiting in the line behind the reporter its OK.

Channel 2 said the new line was for "First class and full-fare business class" passengers only, no mention of elite-level frequent flyers at all. Looks like they read the first line of UA's press release at least. The line for x-ray looked pretty long at 6:30-ish, BTW.

acnev Mar 18, 2002 9:13 pm

I used the line this morning and it was great. Just walked to the head of the line (there was only one other person in this line) and got straight to the Security lanes where we joined the other travellers - this resulted in having about 5 people in front of me to get thru security screening. I would say that it saved me about 10-15 minutes.
I saw this on the news and therefore slept an extra 15 mins this morning. I wasn't disappointed.

Jamester Mar 19, 2002 12:19 am

Actually, the line was indeed open on Sunday (3/17) afternoon but I didn't realize it until 15 mins into the slow-lane. Must be the hangover.

Note to self: show the agent my e-ticket receipt and my 1P card next time (the agent didn't take the initiative to find my status on the receipt)!

Jamester

Warrenlm Mar 19, 2002 3:55 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">and I would guess IAD all had them months ago... </font>
Uh-uh. Not our IAD. I asked "when?" last time through there and was told at the office next to the 1K center that they were looking into it but it was complicated. If it's changed, I'll find out Thursday.

*HighFlyah* Mar 19, 2002 10:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Warrenlm:
Uh-uh. Not our IAD. I asked "when?" last time through there and was told at the office next to the 1K center that they were looking into it but it was complicated. If it's changed, I'll find out Thursday.</font>
Yet another thing I don't understand! A smallish UA destination like Seattle gets Priority Lines but a big hub like IAD does not...

------------------
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

- Leonardo da Vinci

hans Mar 19, 2002 11:44 am

Any 1P's had trouble taking their family (non-elites) through the line?

BoulderHyattHopper Mar 19, 2002 11:46 am

This is GREAT news... We were on an LHR run, so we missed this story on 9News. I don't know why I bother, when I get the most important facts of the day at FT.com, not CNN.com!!!

Hope everybody is having a GREAT day...I know I am!!!