Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Question about international first class lounge SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about international first class lounge SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by mauiUAflyer
There are also showers in the SFO IFL...
Note: There are no toilets in the shower rooms at the SFO IFL.

So if you need to use the toilet, please make sure you go (in the washrooms across the hall) before taking a shower!!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Mark_K
Is this something new or specific to SFO? In late May my wife and I flew international F (LHR-ORD-GRR) - not only were we allowed in the IFL at ORD, one of the IFL staff met us as we deplaned to personally give us invitiations to it.
We had the same thing coming back MUC-ORD-SFO
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Nosmo King
Ahhh ... but the nice shower rooms are in the Arrivals Lounge!
Same thing, IFL showers are as nice as showers in Arrivals in SFO. The only difference is there are a lot more showers in Arrivals than in IFL.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:58 pm

I think maybe mahasamatman is mixing up *A rules with United rules. I'm pretty sure the OP was talking about a United flight.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
+1. Never tried it at SFO or LAX.
I have been admitted into LAX, ORD & IAD IFL's after arriving Int'l UA F. I haven't had the opportunity to try it at SFO since the walkway opened.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nosmo King
Ahhh ... but the nice shower rooms are in the Arrivals Lounge!
Yes, the showers are nicer in the Arrivals lounge than the IFL. The problem is that the arrivals lounge at SFO closes at 12:30, as it's only intended for overnight passengers from Asia and Australia to have a morning shower.

If it was me, I'd go to the IFL and ask if I can get in.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Not worth it.

The SFO IFL is totally not worth it. The sushi there is horrible. The wine is just a little better. Unless you can down alcohol like an alcholic, there is really no point in doing something just to get into the IFL. I mean, sure if you can go there over the RCC, do it. But I would not go out of my way to get to this place. It is totally not worth it at all; there is no big deal here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32828385@N02/page8/
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by SFflyer123
The SFO IFL is totally not worth it. The sushi there is horrible. The wine is just a little better. Unless you can down alcohol like an alcholic, there is really no point in doing something just to get into the IFL. I mean, sure if you can go there over the RCC, do it. But I would not go out of my way to get to this place. It is totally not worth it at all; there is no big deal here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32828385@N02/page8/
I don't know. Compared to what? If one can get in, it is nicer IMHO than either RCC at SFO. It has showers (like ORD, but unlike LAX or JFK).

Yes, it wasn't a sushi bar, but there was enough on the "spread" to be able to find something to nosh on...
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
I would love to have this for my flight! Did you travel on a F-Cl. full fare ticket? I am booked on a *A F-Cl. Award ticket. Will this make any difference?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by JU52
I would love to have this for my flight! Did you travel on a F-Cl. full fare ticket? I am booked on a *A F-Cl. Award ticket. Will this make any difference?
Wife was on an XF ticket, and I had UFC'ed from a Z-fare to NF. We were in Biz going ORD-SFO.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
SFO RCC: F vs C

Folks,

I've only been in the normal international RCC at SFO. Can someone let us in on the secret that is the first class international RCC at SFO? What's there, what's different, why is it better?

I am in XF in a few weeks SFO->NRT->SFO and curious. ;-)

Thanks in advance to all you F class fliers out there....

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 4, 2010 at 8:38 pm Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Apr 4, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Its much less crowded, has shower rooms, some real sometimes decent food, and self-service free booze.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Decent food? Really? Don't joke with me like that. ;-)
Old Apr 4, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
note the inclusion of the word "sometimes" which maybe should have been "kinda", its "real" food though like sandwiches and other little appetizers, some sushi (which I never try, I have a hard and fast rule about eating sushi I dont watch being made). Its better than the RCC offerings but not fine dining by any stretch
Old Apr 4, 2010, 8:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
try
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ss-lounge.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...r-layover.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ounge-sfo.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-sfo-ifl.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-ps-first.html

These threads were all started in the past 6 months

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.