Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's RHAPSODY IN BLUE: An Underrused Jewel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's RHAPSODY IN BLUE: An Underrused Jewel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2002, 10:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I had a gate agent that was about as hyper at Imkeww. He lasted 3 weeks.

Imkeww on the mic @ SFO.

Scary.
Old Jan 31, 2002, 10:50 pm

Hass...give it a break. As part of re-branding lets get something different.
Old Jan 31, 2002, 11:57 pm

for some reason, I keep thinking of Homer and Bart Simpson fighting, with homer's hands around bart's neck, with his eyes buldging out...

for some reason, everytime I think of Imkeww announcing a flight delay, I invision his passengers doing this to him....
Old Feb 1, 2002, 2:06 am
Original Poster

What's with the personal attacks all of a sudden segment queen? FYI I take pride in giving my customers the best possible service, and they seem to genuinely appreciate it. What else would come from someone so into what he does?

Strong words from a sketchy character who I've never so much as e-mailed or even talked to.

Have you been spying on me at SFO?

[This message has been edited by imkeww (edited 02-01-2002).]
Old Feb 1, 2002, 2:13 am

Leave the flying to us professionals.....

and i'd email if you had a valid e-mail address here :P

-n

[This message has been edited by UAPremierExec (edited 02-01-2002).]
Old Feb 1, 2002, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Well you 'travel professionals' will soon be as extinct as those giant reptiles in the mesozoic, jurassic, and cretaceous.

Have fun by the wayside while the true 'professionals' work the front line and directly affect the travelling public!

Go soak your head.

Old Feb 1, 2002, 3:34 am

blah.... hope you enjoyed flying coach with david up front the other day :P :P

if yer nice, I may give you an HK49 so you can try flying Business as a *revenue* passenger....

I may be a dying dinosaur, but my clients are as loyal as can be and are buying more and more expensive trips... 2 of which have been featured on "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous".... they just got back from a $150k trip to Europe....

-nate

[This message has been edited by UAPremierExec (edited 02-01-2002).]
Old Feb 1, 2002, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Ummm... do I know you?

Economy minus was bearable on that 2h flight, however I did enjoy the upper deck service and amenities at 18G/H SFO-DEN. And did fly as a Rev back during the Connoisseur Class days...

Old Feb 1, 2002, 5:57 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MatthewClement:
While I agree that Rhapsody in Blue is a wonderful piece, I'm absolutely sick of hearing it. I now associate most of my experiences with Rhapsondy in Blue with being kept endlessly on hold at UA.

</font>
If you want to jar that experience out of abour head and have something new to think about when you hear RIB, go rent "Fantasia 2000" and watch the interpretation they did of Gershwin for the film. It's wonderful!
Just really really good and the reason I bought the tape. The ice-skating sequence is the best part IMHO.

JD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.