FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Long delay/failure for partner miles to post to MP [Merged Threads] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/966692-long-delay-failure-partner-miles-post-mp-merged-threads.html)

Boulder Jun 19, 2009 10:03 pm

Long delay/failure for partner miles to post to MP [Merged Threads]

I'd like some input from the crowd on how best to deal with a pending issue. I flew TIP-VIE-DME last March on Austrian Air. It was a B-fare (fare BR1OW1L), so I should get full credit for the flight. MP number was entered when I made the booking on aua.com, but I did not verify that my number was on the record when I checked in at TIP or at the connection in VIE (my mistake).

Anyway. I submitted a request for missing miles in mid-April and received a confirmation email stating that I should receive a response within 4 weeks. At the 4 week mark, called MP and the less than helpful operator told me I must wait 4 to 6 weeks for the miles to post. Called back at 6 weeks and was told to wait up to 8 weeks. Called at 8 weeks and they told me I had to wait until day 60 before they would follow up:mad:. The difference between 8 weeks and 60 days? FOUR days. Wouldn't budge. Talked to them at the 60 day mark and they said they'll resubmit the claim to Austrian, and I'll have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for the mileage to post.

Any suggestions/thoughts/recommendation to resolve this? I am, unfortunately, just a "General Member" at this time, though I'll hit 2P when the DEQM posts.

Thanks, in advance.

thierry Jul 11, 2009 3:15 pm

More and more flights on Star partner airlines fail to post on Mileage Plus

Did anyone else notice as well?
When in the past I never had to claim missing flights on my MP account lately I had 5 flights missing (all in June)
One YUL-YYZ on AC and four on LH CDG-MUC-HKG-MUC-CDG
The booking classes are eligible for mileage credit and nothing has posted .

Is there a difference if I send a fax with copies of tkt and BP or is it better the fill the missing credit form on UA website?

notquiteaff Jul 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by thierry (Post 12050453)
Is there a difference if I send a fax with copies of tkt and BP or is it better the fill the missing credit form on UA website?

Start with the missing credit form. I recently requested credit for two LH flights and it posted within two weeks.

MileageAddict Jul 11, 2009 3:39 pm

My Lufthansa and Spanair flights posted within 48 hours...

starless Jul 11, 2009 3:40 pm

BD flights seem to be OK usually.
NH flights often don't post.

SGJazz Jul 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Thai flight from 6 weeks ago hasn't posted. Put the claim in about 2 weeks ago.

little_dc Jul 11, 2009 4:13 pm

I have hs very little problems with the European members posting, in my experience LH is fast 24-48 hours , TK is slow, weeks or not at all . LO, SK, JK, JP, OS is around 3-6 days. LX, BD, TP are a little better 2-4 days. I'm still fighting for credit from AirOne from Feb, it was a LH co-share but Airone was also a UA partner at the time...

Colo1K Jul 12, 2009 12:43 am

Flights on Thai and Singapore Airlines have credited within a few days, always less than a week.

UA_Flyer Jul 12, 2009 1:30 am

I have flown LX, SQ, LH, CA in the last three weeks, and all flights posted less than 48 hours.

travelinmanS Jul 12, 2009 1:53 am

I've noticed as well

I have a CA flight from May that still has not posted. I filled in the form online but still haven't received any credit 4 weeks after filling in the form. Am I just out of luck on this one? The ticket was in business class so I'm sure it's a qualifying fare class.

ejross Jul 12, 2009 1:54 am

This month I had three Thai Airways flights all of which posted within a week but I had two Air China flights also and none of them have posted.

GodErnst Jul 12, 2009 2:03 am

I've earned close to 150,000 UA miles on SQ flights in the past 18 months - every segment save 1 SIN-HAN R/T posted within a few days.

RoaminRoman Jul 12, 2009 2:18 am

I've flown several segments on both LH and LX this year, and the miles have posted within three days.

kevincrumbs Jul 12, 2009 2:21 am

Lucky enough to not have a problem with various *A miles posting through the years, besides a short YVR-PDX segment on AC from March. I used the form online and it was posted pretty soon after submitting it, sooner than I expected.

Miles Ahead Jul 12, 2009 5:36 am

One should also keep in mind that there are many fare classes that earn miles on the operating carrier but not with United. This can cause miles to fail to post. I've found with some carriers (LX), it is very difficult to find the fare basis in advance, and with one (TP), even after the fact.