Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Long delay/failure for partner miles to post to MP [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long delay/failure for partner miles to post to MP [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 6:20 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I have a CA flight from May that still has not posted. I filled in the form online but still haven't received any credit 4 weeks after filling in the form. Am I just out of luck on this one? The ticket was in business class so I'm sure it's a qualifying fare class.

Just bad luck, I guess. My Air China flight posted within three days.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVG Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thierry
Did anyone else notice as well?
When in the past I never had to claim missing flights on my MP account lately I had 5 flights missing (all in June)
One YUL-YYZ on AC and four on LH CDG-MUC-HKG-MUC-CDG
The booking classes are eligible for mileage credit and nothing has posted .

Is there a difference if I send a fax with copies of tkt and BP or is it better the fill the missing credit form on UA website?
FWIW, in the last 12 months, I have had mileage from flights on NZ and BD post within a few days of flying.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 5:57 pm

Missing AC Credit too...

Hey -- I had a Tango ticket on AC and elected to receive the 25% miles rather than saving the $3. I filled out the Mileage Plus missing credit form but it's been denied...I'm going to try to appeal this but I doubt I'll have much luck...

OilersFL
Old Jul 12, 2009, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Not only did three TK segments (out of eight I flew recently) not post, but I got "denial" letters in the mail when I submitted the first two retro-credit requests on the web page.

Of course, I was outraged to twice get erroneous form letters "denying" me credit (I double-checked and had entered everything in correctly), but helpful folks at the 1K desk resolved them rather quickly once I brought them to their attention, including fixing the third one before I had to go through the same process.

Typical United (and I told them this in the letter): The 1K desk eventually provided great service, but only after I attempted to resolve the issue using their established process (i.e., the web site), which totally failed, resulting in significant wasted time on their part and my part.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I've noticed the opposite - I used to have an issue with my US flights never posting... they seem to post within 48 hours now! Of course, there are always exceptions...
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:05 am

Programs: UA1P/SPG
ugh.......i had this problem when i was on a swissair flight. My friend that was on the same flight missed premier exec because his SQ flight did not post.

VERY FRUSTRATING!
Old Jul 14, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Bumping, as MrIce is in a similar boat. Flew Austrian JFK-VIE-TLV-VIE-JFK on a discounted business class fare at the end of May. The MP number was entered when the ticket was purchased on aua.com, but it didn't appear on the ticket at check-in, and no mileage has posted so far. I used the missing mileage form on .bomb to submit a request at the earliest possible time and have heard nothing yet. I was wondering what should be our next step. Husband probably won't end up needing the mileage for 1P status next year, but the RDMs would be nice.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Unhappy

Originally Posted by OilersFL
Hey -- I had a Tango ticket on AC and elected to receive the 25% miles rather than saving the $3. I filled out the Mileage Plus missing credit form but it's been denied...I'm going to try to appeal this but I doubt I'll have much luck...

OilersFL
I also find myself having an Air Canada issue. Wife and I flew together on both flights, one of her segments didn't post. Sent information to United: denied. Resent information to United: denied. Called Mileage Plus and was told it would take 60 days to get credit from AC. Called again today and was told flight is eligible but AC keeps denying the claim for some reason. Another 30-60 days.

Chasing miles for 9 months is a little much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.