Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plus is hiring

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, SPG Lifetime Gold
Mileage Plus is hiring

Please note, I know nothing about this other than what you see below and apologize if this was posted earlier (searched and didn't find anything). Saw this in UA's careers section. There look to be several other MP opps as well.

Can't link directly to the page - go to http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51560,00.html
- click Marketing
- scroll down to see see jobs or search for the title.

Let's get an FTer in there!

Strategist/Sr. Strategist-Mileage Plus (HDQUV)-HDQ45718072037541RT
Description
Overview:

Drive revenue generating efforts for Mileage Plus through increased, cost-effective reward redemption. Improve existing and create new redemption programs through systematic, disciplined product development and program management. Lead expansion efforts for new, air rewards products.

Responsibilities:

* Provide support for the development & execution of air redemption programs
Provide support for formulating, analyzing and evaluating revenue management strategy.
Provides support for strategic analysis
Coordinates teams to study revenue initiatives.
Position participates on team efforts to lower United's annual cost per MP Mile redemption cost
Identifies and examines inventory alternatives and opportunities that have significant benefits.
Presents analyses and recommendations to higher levels of management for review.
Monitor and evaluate competitive offerings
Responsible for the above activities in some or all of the following revenue channels: Air redemption - miles redeemed on United or other carriers.
* Represents users in working with outside vendors to develop and implement systems application projects

Qualifications
Education:

* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics or similar analytic field.
* MBA preferred.

Experience:

* One to three years Mileage Plus, Revenue Management, consulting or airline industry experience required.
* Experience in loyalty programs and airline revenue management is preferred

Skills:

* Applicant should be able to demonstrate abilities in problem solving, teamwork, adaptability, planning, decision making and data analysis.
* Demonstrated strong analytical capabilities
* Ability to work cross-functionally with internal & external stakeholders

United offers growth opportunities and a competitive benefits package including travel benefits for you and your eligible family members.

"It's Time to Fly"
Job
Marketing
Primary Location
United States-Illinois-Chicago - Headquarters - 77 W Wacker Dr
Organization
50 Marketing
Schedule
Full-time
Job Posting
04/24/2009
Unposting Date
05/24/2009
Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I think the last thing they'd want is an FT'er in there. I think I'll get hired if I put in my cover letter that I want to increase upgrade co-pays, introduce award travel co-pays, increase starnet blocking, and quadruple mileage redemption levels.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:12 am

They'll probably start the new hire with calculating and posting all the 2X/3X EQMs. By hand.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Position participates on team efforts to lower United's annual cost per MP Mile redemption cost
Identifies and examines inventory alternatives and opportunities that have significant benefits.

I assume that when UA says "significant benefits" they're talking about benefits to them, not us.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:56 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by milepig

I assume that when UA says "significant benefits" they're talking about benefits to them, not us.

Significant benefits such as unemployment insurance once oil hits $100+/bbl again.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
Originally Posted by JetAway
They'll probably start the new hire with calculating and posting all the 2X/3X EQMs. By hand.
That could be one of the new hire hazing rituals....followed by a trip to the ICC for hell week.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: *G
do the perks include golf club membership?
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Silver/Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by deniah
do the perks include golf club membership?
Never hurts to negotiate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.