My status got extended, yahoo!!!!

Old Dec 18, 01, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

My status got extended, yahoo!!!!

All that worry about not having any status next year for nothing.

Dear Mr MeFIRST:

Please accept my personal assurance that we at United
absolutely value your loyalty and recognize you as one of
our best customers.

We recently sent you a letter dated November 26 regarding
your elite status, which overlooked your loyalty in 2000.
Since then, we've reviewed your account and wish to extend
your Premier Executive(R) status through February 2003.
I'm very sorry if our earlier letter caused you any
concern and am pleased to offer you the benefits you
deserve at this time.

As a Premier Executive member, you also will receive a
special credit of 2,500 miles in your account in
January 2002 that will apply toward your elite status
for 2003. Please accept these miles as a gesture of
goodwill for any confusion that may have resulted from
our previous communication.

Also, you can expect your membership kit and card to
arrive in early 2002. If you earn a higher elite level
by the end of this year, then your kit and additional
miles will reflect the higher status.

I hope the extended status and added miles show you how
grateful we are to have you flying with us. We welcome the
opportunity to continue serving you now and in the future.
Again, thank you from all of us at United.

Kindest regards,

Larry D. De Shon
Senior Vice President, Marketing

P.S. As a follow-up, we also are sending you a copy of this
letter by mail.

Old Dec 18, 01, 9:04 pm

I got a similar e-mail today indicating my 1K status was being extended... though I've already flown 100 segments. Also, I'm to receive 5,000 miles in January. I won't say no to free miles.
Old Dec 18, 01, 9:52 pm

I got one too, despite my actual qualifacation.

Changing the rules is a B*%ch.

This must be precisely why they don't like to rock the boat.
Old Dec 18, 01, 9:57 pm

Wonder how they "pick up" candidates... I became 1P far way prior to the 911, and since then no trips... AND no e-mails nor mails from UA at all...

------------------
Regards,
StarAllianceFlyer
Old Dec 18, 01, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

I think this was revenue based.

I have a total of about 18000 ~ or so miles this year. BUT

Most of my travel is premium, full B/Y and paid C transcons, this year and in the past.
Old Dec 19, 01, 9:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by meFIRST:
I think this was revenue based.

I have a total of about 18000 ~ or so miles this year. BUT

Most of my travel is premium, full B/Y and paid C transcons, this year and in the past.
</font>
I don't think so. Mrs. Bally got the email yesterday; she is a Premier who, since the original letter has hit her 30+ segments. All of her travel was either on government fares or discounted economy. BTW, yours truly who has 110 segments YTD has received gornish... go figure.

Old Dec 19, 01, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it sounds as though some Prem Exec special re-qualifiers get 2,500 status miles and 1K's get 5,000 status miles towards 2002 qualification? Presumably those who actually qualified with miles/segments will not receive these bonus status miles in Jan. 2002? While I haven't followed the discussions regarding the confusing methods of status extension this year, I guess that part is ok. But wouldn't that be enough? Giving additional status (2002) miles seems strange?
Old Dec 19, 01, 12:44 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jenn_1K:
I got a similar e-mail today indicating my 1K status was being extended... though I've already flown 100 segments. Also, I'm to receive 5,000 miles in January. I won't say no to free miles.</font>
Nothing for me, and I cleared 100,000 miles in November. What's going on???

------------------
Tony
Old Dec 19, 01, 12:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by transpac:
So it sounds as though some Prem Exec special re-qualifiers get 2,500 status miles and 1K's get 5,000 status miles towards 2002 qualification? Presumably those who actually qualified with miles/segments will not receive these bonus status miles in Jan. 2002? While I haven't followed the discussions regarding the confusing methods of status extension this year, I guess that part is ok. But wouldn't that be enough? Giving additional status (2002) miles seems strange?</font>
I received the email with the 2,500 bonus yesterday, while the sweetie who had flown more than 50,000 miles at the time of the 26-Nov letter did not. I'd agree that status extension would have been enough -- and I'd have given the bonus miles to those who have earned it the hard way (but, somehow, UA didn't ask my advice in the matter ).
Old Dec 19, 01, 12:47 pm
BIM

Got my e-mail today (Premier), with 1,500 freebies. Only 12k miles this year due to cutbacks, so it's a big deal for me.
Old Dec 19, 01, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, peon everywhere else
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by transpac:
So it sounds as though some Prem Exec special re-qualifiers get 2,500 status miles and 1K's get 5,000 status miles towards 2002 qualification? Presumably those who actually qualified with miles/segments will not receive these bonus status miles in Jan. 2002? While I haven't followed the discussions regarding the confusing methods of status extension this year, I guess that part is ok. But wouldn't that be enough? Giving additional status (2002) miles seems strange?</font>
Just for completeness, my girlfriend got the e-mail yesterday for the 2P level and is getting 1500 free status miles. so they're exending status _and_ lowering the bar for next year? (her new requalification for premier will be 23500 flown miles due to the bonus).

hmm... still waiting for what i got as somebody who requalified on my own...

Dan

Old Dec 19, 01, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA *G, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I'm sitting here in BWI -- ready to fly BWI-LAX, my last flight of the year which will requalify me as 100k.

Logged on to check email just now -- HA HA HA -- jokes on me, my status has been extended to 2003 based on my 2000 travel. Have no idea what the criteria is (I flew 140,000+) last year on mixed fares.

Anyway, what irony.

But this trip wasn't for requalification, but even still. That wasn't very nice of them.

-Adam
Old Dec 19, 01, 4:51 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by danM:

hmm... still waiting for what i got as somebody who requalified on my own...
</font>
Same here. I just contacted UA MP customer relations to let them know that I really think Marketing made a HUGE mistake with this. Why not reward "REAL" and actual loyal customers?! What is the excuse going to be next year?

For those of you who did reach status by actually FLYING actual miles this year, call MP Customer Relations and let them know your displeasure about this re: giving out the status AND bonus miles to people who didn't really qualify. The toll-free number is #877-228-1498, option 3.

IMO, this was a year when people should have been flying without having excuses! You flew actual miles, you should be acknowledged/rewarded - not ignored.
Old Dec 19, 01, 5:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
&lt;whine&gt;

As usual, I got bupkiss.

&lt;/whine&gt;
Old Dec 19, 01, 5:16 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Well I used the famous 1kvoice email about this matter, and this is the response:

Dear dshafiee:

Thanks for contacting us. There was an earlier miscommunication that many 1K customers received which did not take into account their 2000 qualifying miles or segments. They are not receiving an updated communication advising them of the inaccurate information. Only those 1K members who received the earlier miscommunication are being offered the 5,000 bonus miles.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to respond. As a 1K member, you are one of our most valuable customers. We're grateful for your loyalty and friendship and look forward to the continued privilege of serving you.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
United Airlines Customer Relations

I then responded to that saying that it was more then just 1K's receiving this. So the 1KVoice has forwarded the request the MP desk to clarification. I will keep you posted.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: