Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Discontinued Programs/Partners

United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Old Nov 28, 10, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Its currentlhy flying as UAL861 to Sao Paulo. What I don't understand is, what did it fly as from SFO to IAD? According to Flight Tracker, it shows going from VCV to SFO, and now IAD to GRU but not between SFO to IAD. I'm sure it flew to IAD but as what? Ok just found out flew as UAL914 between SFO to IAD.

Originally Posted by UpgradeMePlz View Post
N224UA just left the paint shop at VCV for SFO this morning as UA9941. Unless Worldtrav says otherwise, I'm guessing this bird is going to hatch soon. Wonder what livery it got in VCV though!!!

Last edited by FlightNurse; Nov 28, 10 at 9:40 pm Reason: answered my own question.
Old Nov 29, 10, 10:05 am

Unhappy Change in Suitedreams listing SFO-LHR

I'm hoping that flights 930/931 SFO-LHR are still flying the new 777s, but the flight chart at Suitedreams.com no longer shows them as part of the lineup. Anyone have any information or even speculation?
Old Nov 29, 10, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 1K, *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by SquareBrackets View Post
I'm hoping that flights 930/931 SFO-LHR are still flying the new 777s, but the flight chart at Suitedreams.com no longer shows them as part of the lineup. Anyone have any information or even speculation?
It varies. Lots of eqpt changes on that pairing in my very recent experience.
Old Nov 29, 10, 10:12 am

Well, I guess maybe it will be the new configuration is better than no it won't be.
Old Nov 30, 10, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by SquareBrackets View Post
I noticed that also.
My flight in Jan. LHR-SFO still shows the new seating layout when I check my seat assignment for what its worth.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Nov 30, 10, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 1K, *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by tattikat2 View Post
I noticed that also.
My flight in Jan. LHR-SFO still shows the new seating layout when I check my seat assignment for what its worth.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
Check it daily in the last 2 weeks. In a 7 day period I "changed" plane 4 times.
Old Nov 30, 10, 2:30 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in NEGRIL, JAMAICA
Originally Posted by harston_boy View Post
Perhaps I've just been lucky, but I've figured out that the only guaranteed way to find out what 777 config you'll be on is to use the United Cargo site, which in my experience is always 100% accurate (i.e. B777 vs. 77Q).

The seatmap shown on the UA website is frequently incorrect and those that rely on it can find their seats realloacted at check-in and the Elite call centre staff haven't got a clue. Seems absolutely crazy that UA don't know what plane will be used and craete customer problems when attempting to reassign seats at check-in, whereas UA cargo know exactly what plane type will be be used!

The UA Cargo site gives information for flights 7 days ahead of departure and can be found at www.unitedcargo.com. You'll need to select the "flight schedules" link and enter your departure date and airport codes. For tomorrow's flight from IAD to LHR, it shows UA922 as a 767, UA918 as a 77Q (new config) and UA924 as a 777 (old horrid config).

Hope this helps!
Trevor
Just another reminder that while the seat map often lies up until the last minute, cargo speaks the truth starting a week out! ^
Old Nov 30, 10, 2:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
...cargo speaks the truth starting a week out! ^
baring last minute changes which do happen
Have watch a flight change three times on unitedcargo
Old Nov 30, 10, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
OK, stupid question, but I'm looking to be beaten over the head with blatant confirmation and mocking comments; as I just got really excited.

If my LAX-LHR UA934 for Friday (12/3) is today (11/30) showing as 77Q on unitedcargo odds are it is the new config even with the seat map doing its best to remind me that this flight is never the new config when my upgrade clears?

With my luck they will over-sell C/F and downgrade me back to E+. Would really like to burn an SWU on the new config for once, have only ever gotten it when paying full... and then only on the 67 from ORD-LHR (a 5 hours shorter flight).

Your indignation at anything I've gotten incredibly wrong is appreciated in advance.
Old Nov 30, 10, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.032MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ORD-LIH View Post
If my LAX-LHR UA934 for Friday (12/3) is today (11/30) showing as 77Q on unitedcargo odds are it is the new config even with the seat map doing its best to remind me that this flight is never the new config when my upgrade clears?

With my luck they will over-sell C/F and downgrade me back to E+.
The seat map on united.com is also showing new config, and it's J9, so I wouldn't worry about a downgrade.
Old Nov 30, 10, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by UpgradeMePlz View Post
N224UA just left the paint shop at VCV for SFO this morning as UA9941. Unless Worldtrav says otherwise, I'm guessing this bird is going to hatch soon. Wonder what livery it got in VCV though!!!
It has the new livery and old interior. N209UA is now in for paint along with N773UA, both for new livery. There will be no more paint visits for anything other than new livery except for the A320 that is going to get the retro paint job and possibly some Star Alliance paint jobs.

N797UA is still in SFO for new interior.
Old Nov 30, 10, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
Originally Posted by worldtrav View Post
It has the new livery and old interior. N209UA is now in for paint along with N773UA, both for new livery. There will be no more paint visits for anything other than new livery except for the A320 that is going to get the retro paint job and possibly some Star Alliance paint jobs.

if only they could reconfigure those trips as fast as they could re-paint them, remember , it's what's inside that counts
Old Nov 30, 10, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by worldtrav View Post

Thanks for the great update!

I really hope we see some more Star Alliance birds. A Star A320, A319 & 757 would be great to see around the Friendly Skies.

I love seeing this livery!

Old Nov 30, 10, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.032MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
I love seeing this livery!
I suspect future Star Alliance liveries will not include the tulip.
Old Dec 1, 10, 3:03 am

Programs: My posts are solely my opinion and do not represent the official position of United Airlines
Originally Posted by ORD-LIH View Post
OK, stupid question, but I'm looking to be beaten over the head with blatant confirmation and mocking comments; as I just got really excited.

With my luck they will over-sell C/F and downgrade me back to E+. Would really like to burn an SWU on the new config for once, have only ever gotten it when paying full... and then only on the 67 from ORD-LHR (a 5 hours shorter flight).

Your indignation at anything I've gotten incredibly wrong is appreciated in advance.
As others have said, equipment changes do happen but this route is designated to have the new config barring changes in operational circumstances.

As it stands, C is looking okay.

Search this Thread