Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM
Originally Posted by britinva79
Doesn't the airline lose revenue from this?
I would highly doubt it - the number of times international F would be filled with paying pax versus having some upgraders in the mix must be pretty small Keeping an upgrader from going C-F doesn't really cost them, but violating pilots union contract requirements would be quite costly.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Originally Posted by Lightman7
I would highly doubt it - the number of times international F would be filled with paying pax versus having some upgraders in the mix must be pretty small Keeping an upgrader from going C-F doesn't really cost them, but violating pilots union contract requirements would be quite costly.
Aren't the reconfig 777s being fitted with a lower lobe crew rest area?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by IADtoWhere
Some are, some aren't.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
F/A's have the new seatmap now, why cant UA release them to the public?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by UAL4life
F/A's have the new seatmap now, why cant UA release them to the public?
Lazy?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Some are, some aren't.
Why would they only configure some with this new rest area? Isn't that more expensive?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:39 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Why would they only configure some with this new rest area? Isn't that more expensive?
A couple of possibilities. (a) Not all 777s are created equally, and (b) it may be more expensive to reconfigure that way, so they're only doing it to the ones they think they'll need.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Doesn't the airline lose revenue from this?
I did 4 ORD<>LHR segments in F last year, and there were NRSAs in F on every flight - one flight had 3! This is on the 767, which in crew rest form has just 5 F seats, the smallest F cabin of any United plane with an F cabin (even UX!). So no, I'm going to say they probably don't lose much revenue.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:32 am

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
Originally Posted by IADtoWhere
6-8 of reconfig 777 are adding the LLCR ( lower lobe crew rest). This is where the FA's take their crew rest.

The XP/XQ is the LLRC 777

The XC/XD will have the FA crew rest seats which will be moved from row 17-19 HJ to row 24-26 CDE I'm not sure of the exact row numbers but it's the last 2 rows in the middle section before the lavs. So when you see the plane on a non int'l route row 24 or 25 CDE will be the new 21 HJ that has all the extra leg room.

Last update I heard which could change was the plane should be out April 14th-17th. Still SFO-LHR-DEN-SFO routing.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:00 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Aluminum tubing
6-8 of reconfig 777 are adding the LLCR ( lower lobe crew rest). This is where the FA's take their crew rest.

The XC/XD will have the FA crew rest seats which will be moved from row 17-19 HJ to row 24-26 CDE I'm not sure of the exact row numbers but it's the last 2 rows in the middle section before the lavs. So when you see the plane on a non int'l route row 24 or 25 CDE will be the new 21 HJ that has all the extra leg room.

Last update I heard which could change was the plane should be out April 14th-17th. Still SFO-LHR-DEN-SFO routing.
Thanks for the update. LHR people won't take long to give us their take.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

Thanks very much for the latest update, Alum.

Now here's a question: If an upgrade from Y to C were available at this point on this route for flights after mid-April with the old C configuration showing right now, should someone risk booking it? I don't mean risk whether it might still be old C, which is a given. Rather, is there a chance that you could book the old C upgrade but lose it and be back in Y due to fewer seats if it ends up being the new C configuration?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by pigx5
When you book the flight between DENVER to SFO after April 17, you can see the seat map on .bomb.
But the 777 shown is a domestic version (ie no business class-crappy f section)
I thought they were converting an International 777 at SFO maintainence?

Again confusing as DEN-SFO is a domestic config.777 route as far as I can tell

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 9, 2010 at 6:46 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Again confusing as DEN-SFO is a domestic config.777 route as far as I can tell
Maybe it is now, but that doesn't mean it will be forever.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA MM flyer, ex. 1k, Star All. gold, AA

Any info on which of the SFO/LHR flight numbers is scheduled for the new config???
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 24 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by chuckiec
Any info on which of the SFO/LHR flight numbers is scheduled for the new config???
Since the known flight is LHR-DEN (UA939) and there is only 1, leaving about 1pm from LHR (using the May schedule) the only SFO-LHR flight that makes sense is UA954. UA930 arrives after UA939 departs, so it can't be the later departure from San Francisco. Then the flight turns in Denver and becomes UA595 back to SFO and the plane overnights at SFO where they can work on it until it is ready again for UA954 the next day.

And I'm willing to bet that's your official launch schedule for this plane once the domestic turns are done and it's in proper international service.

UA954-UA939-UA595, rinse, repeat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.