Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Old Apr 3, 10, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canred View Post
Flew LHR to SFO yesterday and purser announced that the new configuration 777 would be on this route in about 2 weeks. I asked flight attendent if I had heard correctly and she confirmed.^
pretty reckless announcement to be making. even when multiple 744s were configured we saw last-minute swaps. guaranteeing 1 specific frame out of 30 to be on a flight on a particular day is puffery.

of course, no one will hold the purser accountable for such a statement.
Old Apr 3, 10, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post
pretty reckless announcement to be making. even when multiple 744s were configured we saw last-minute swaps. guaranteeing 1 specific frame out of 30 to be on a flight on a particular day is puffery.

Why is it a reckless announcement? She was probably excited (which is great to hear about), and she said it would be on that route in about two weeks. It's not like she guaranteed people that a specific flight would feature the configuration.
Old Apr 3, 10, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA scum/0.699MM, WN ALP/CP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by canred View Post
Flew LHR to SFO yesterday and purser announced that the new configuration 777 would be on this route in about 2 weeks. I asked flight attendent if I had heard correctly and she confirmed.^
Hmmm, doesn't jive with what was reported on this board. SFO-LHR was reported with a return thru DEN, not LHR-SFO.
Old Apr 3, 10, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Question

Just fixating on the new config. I know but,...

if you were flying LHR-SFO Jan 2011, would you now switch your seats to align with the most widely excepted layout of the new plane in order to avoid loosing a seat if you were on the new F- cabin 777?

At present were in 3e/f. there's quite possibly no row 3 at all in the new F cabin.

Should we switch to seats in rows 1&2?
And will they be using one of the F seats as a pilots rest seat as is the case at present?

Any guesses much appreciated ^
Old Apr 3, 10, 1:50 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
probably was just a caching issue -- the two links show the single site and dates for me -- Spring 2010

Your right!... after running ccleaner it was only spring 2010.

Pendragon
Old Apr 3, 10, 2:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, UGS, UA 2 Million, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, MGM Platinum, National ExecElite
Smile

Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post
Week before last, F Class Crew on the IAD-Zurich 767 new configuration said they were going to 777 new config training in April. IAD-Frankfurt C Class Crew on the 767 this week said they were going to 777 new config training next week. Both teams said they hadn't seen seat configs yet.
Old Apr 3, 10, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by tattikat2 View Post
Hello
So if F is going to 8 seats, is 1 of them still going to be used as a flight crew rest seat?
If so, then F on a 777 went from 11 seats to 7 , a loss of 4 seats! That's quite a reduction.
The 23 XQs will have lower lobe crew rest areas. See the Wiki......
Old Apr 3, 10, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

if you were flying LHR-SFO Jan 2011, would you now switch your seats to align with the most widely excepted layout of the new plane in order to avoid loosing a seat if you were on the new F- cabin 777?

At present were in 3e/f. there's quite possibly no row 3 at all in the new F cabin.

And will they be using one of the F seats as a pilots rest seat as is the case at present?

This is just a guess, but yes, I'd switch to rows 1 or 2. There are many ways in which it might not make a difference, not least the chance that you'll still be flying an old 777 configuration. But it can't hurt to make the switch and there's a chance it could help.
Old Apr 3, 10, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by UAL4life View Post
LOL won't they be flying these birds around before then?
Woa I don't know what I was smoking when I wrote that sorry, I probably thought it said fall- wow.

Cheers to UA's new config!
Old Apr 3, 10, 4:30 pm

Programs: My posts are solely my opinion and do not represent the official position of United Airlines

There are only two rows in the new F.
1 seat in F is going to be pilot rest
Old Apr 3, 10, 4:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by StayUnited View Post
But which one

2A or will it migrate over to 2K as the crew rest seat did on the 767's? (used to be on the left, now its on the right)
Or is it now in a "crew rest lobe" under the plane?

I need speculative answers!!
Old Apr 5, 10, 11:33 am

I have only browsed the last few pages of the thread, but cant determine if there is a link or other means of trying to find out if an international 777-200 will have the new lie flat business seat or the standard one.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

I am flying lhr-lax tomorrow morning. I had been resigned to missing out on a bed but see on seat guru that UA are fitting new seats from Spring 2010 onwards.

Any insight is appreciated.
Old Apr 5, 10, 11:35 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NevadaKaz View Post
I have only browsed the last few pages of the thread, but cant determine if there is a link or other means of trying to find out if an international 777-200 will have the new lie flat business seat or the standard one.

I am flying lhr-lax tomorrow morning. I had been resigned to missing out on a bed but see on seat guru that UA are fitting new seats from Spring 2010 onwards.

None of the present flying 777s has yet been converted, so no chance tomorrow.
This thread is likely where reports and routes will be posted.

Search on "unitedcargo" to find out about www.unitedcargo.com --- this has been the most reliable method of determining new config flights for the 747/767 during their transition.
Old Apr 5, 10, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by NevadaKaz View Post

Sorry, you will have the barca loungers for your flight.
Old Apr 8, 10, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by StayUnited View Post
Do other airlines also reserve a first class seat for pilot rest? Doesn't the airline lose revenue from this? Why not have an area in the back of the plane or below for the crew? Is it the size of the plane? Thanks!

Search this Thread