Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:41 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
Maybe because it was UA who undertook to create the suitedreams.com website to show off the new cabins and day-to-day conversion status diagrams, which UA has now abandoned updating. I don't think people would be complaining about UA's failure to update its graphs if UA had not advertised the graphs in the first place.....
Not sure I understand the "abandoned" comment -- there has been nothing new to announce since the conversion program has halted (so a static site would be expected) and it does say 777 conversion begins Feb 2010.

Yeah they could be a little more further coming on the future.

btw the site is http://www.suitedreams.united.com/
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
Im flying this in F in june...how bad is it? is service even bad now?
It should be fine. Service, at least in my experiences, is almost always very good to excellent.

One caveat, however, when you board, make sure that everything about the seat works before take-off. If something is not working, this will give an opportunity to have it fixed on the ground.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by 1kBill
One caveat, however, when you board, make sure that everything about the seat works before take-off. If something is not working, this will give an opportunity to have it fixed on the ground.
Great advise. It applies to all seats and in all classes.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milepig
I thought there was some conflicting information, and that the bird we had been told was in for conversion had subsequently been spotted making regular runs?? Maybe I'm dreaming.
I can't speak to the conflicting information or who it came from, but the first B777 is being upgraded as we speak.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 1kBill
If something is not working, this will give an opportunity to have it fixed on the ground.
Or, in the true FT spirit, an opportunity to get a Customer Appreciation form...
Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:58 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by milepig
I thought there was some conflicting information, and that the bird we had been told was in for conversion had subsequently been spotted making regular runs?? Maybe I'm dreaming.
Not dreaming. The first frame in is, and always has been, N794UA. See posts 511, 517, and 519 preceding for some short-lived confusion about which tail number is correct.....
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
I've been looking at dummy bookings from SFO to NRT and KIX, and KIX back to SFO for the end of March/first two weeks in April. All the 777 flights say economy seats cannot be selected at this time and will be assigned at check in. Anything to do with maybe a recently converted 777 flying those routes? Keeping fingers crossed. I know it's a long shot but I'm in C on a 777 flying KIX to SFO in early April.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EastbayMike
I've been looking at dummy bookings from SFO to NRT and KIX, and KIX back to SFO for the end of March/first two weeks in April. All the 777 flights say economy seats cannot be selected at this time and will be assigned at check in. Anything to do with maybe a recently converted 777 flying those routes? Keeping fingers crossed. I know it's a long shot but I'm in C on a 777 flying KIX to SFO in early April.
Nothing to do with a converted 777, everything to do with the vagaries of those flights (maybe oversold, etc). You'll be in the old config.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Delta, AA, IC Royal Ambassador, Starwood Gold
Does anyone know how the converted 777s will be identified on United Cargo?

Dave
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1KMMGS, EK Skywards Silver, SPG Gold,
How about we start a pool for when the first FTer flies on a converted 777? I'll take April 22
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Nothing to do with a converted 777, everything to do with the vagaries of those flights (maybe oversold, etc). You'll be in the old config.
Wow, thanks for the positive feedback!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:08 pm

No need.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DGellman
For the 747 it was 74C. So maybe 77C?

Wow, thanks for the positive feedback!

Glad you took it in the spirit intended.

Originally Posted by worldtrav
No need.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Does anyone know how the converted 777s will be identified on United Cargo?...
For the 747 it was 74C. So maybe 77C?...
And for 767, wasn't it 67I

In one case the first two numbers and a C
In another case the last two numbers and a I

so the trend is ????

I predict there will be a "7" in the label and maybe two "7"s

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 23, 2010 at 8:06 pm Reason: add prediction
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:58 pm

Dave
There'll be three.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.