Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: AA, CO, EVA, UA, Hyatt PLT, SPG
Originally Posted by mrmik
I have a ORD-AMS flight in May. Its designated as a 777; however, currently the schedule is a 767 which has been converted.
I assume they seasonally adjust equip for demand. Wonder if these flights will get the new 777....
If your flight is in May 2010, then no chance or basically no chance of a new config 777.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by PFKMan23
If your flight is in May 2010, then no chance or basically no chance of a new config 777.
Sorry to say, but PFKMan23 is correct. You will most certainly have the old config, unless UA gets the bird done in time, and has worked out all of the bugs, if any..

I would expect the bird that is currently being modified to be sent on hub-hub flights for a little while, before they send it on TATL and TPAC flights.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Sorry to say, but PFKMan23 is correct. You will most certainly have the old config, unless UA gets the bird done in time, and has worked out all of the bugs, if any..

I would expect the bird that is currently being modified to be sent on hub-hub flights for a little while, before they send it on TATL and TPAC flights.
I figured as much but was hopeful... My seats are assigned basd upon the old 777 config... And I used miles for F seats as opposed to C given the risk it would be old config.
Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
I am on ORD-AMS May 20th. I was hoping they would be done by then too
Old Mar 7, 2010, 2:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by snapper6768
very unlikely with just the 1st of 46 converted, better chance of a swap to 767 (which also is unlikely)
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:17 pm
gof

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
Any idea when the IAD-GRU run is likely to get the new config? Currently showing 777's
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by gof
Any idea when the IAD-GRU run is likely to get the new config?
I would guess mid-2011 at the earliest. There are far more "important" European and Asian destinations that will get them first.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I'm hoping the FRA-IAD run gets it by November. Figured that would be one of the most likely 777's in Europe to get it early.

If not, old C is better than Y any day.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Is there a link to the new seat map?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: AC SE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I would guess mid-2011 at the earliest. There are far more "important" European and Asian destinations that will get them first.
Wouldn't be so sure about that. IAD-EZE got the reconfigured 767 long before some European routes did.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Superguy
Is there a link to the new seat map?
Still nothing online. I called UA and was told that they would "release it when they wanted to"

I don't understand why it has takes so long... If the seatmap is not ready, perhaps they could update the suite dreams site to say coming 2010, not "FALL 2009"
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by unitedfa
So here's what I know...sorry if it's been posted already.

There are three versions of the reconfigured 777.

Two will feature
8 First Class Suites
40 Business seats 2-4-2
218 (101 Economy Plus Seats) 3-3-3

Total Seat Capacity will be 266

The third version will have
8 First Class Suites
40 Business Seats 2-4-2
221 (104 Economy Plus) 3-3-3

Total Seat Capacity 269

All will have 110 volt, no adapter needed in First and Business
In coach 110 volt, no adapter needed (2 outlets for every 3 seat group, and 1 for every 2 seat group)

United First and Business on demand movies, music..ect.

Coach will have 9 channels of video and 20 audio channels.
On a flight back from London today, I had a great chat with one of the FA's. The conversation began with bid sheets and turned to the new plane. She went into the manual and there were 3 new 777 configurations, with the seat map on the front of one page, and printed type with info about the plane on the back. All 3 confirmed what unitedfa posted, that UF/UB would have AVOD and UE would have 9 video and 20 audio channels. There will be non-adaptor power ports in all classes, however. So regardless of whether rumors say AVOD in all classes, I can say that FA's are being told that the entertainment will be different in economy than in First and Business according to their new manuals.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:14 pm

United new E vod on 777

Is United going to have new vod for E and E+ on the 777 after the reconfiguration?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by jckool44
Is United going to have new vod for E and E+ on the 777 after the reconfiguration?
Just speculation at the moment, no official announcement. If you look at the post right before yours, you will see that some people reported that no AVOD will be available in Y, just multiple channels . At least I hope the screens will be bigger.

Edit: It seems that you had posted a new thread and it got merged here. I was surprised that your question had been answered in the last comment before yours.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by snapper6768
Are you sure that's not already upgraded?

UA 908/909 (ORD-AMS) is almost always a 767 (which is upgraded).

UA 946/947 (IAD-AMS) is usually a 777 (not upgraded).

I doubt that the ORD-AMS loads are high enough for a 777, but maybe...

(I fly the ORD-AMS route a *lot*. My next ORD-AMS flight in April is still showing a 767 config...)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.