Hello Planespotters!

Old Jun 3, 2009, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Hello Planespotters!

The current UA fleet is now one plane shy of 50% repainted (195 of 391). Or at least that's what we think...

We can't always keep up-to-date on what planes have been painted in the new livery as information comes from various sources. If you're interested in planespotting to see what we're missing, please download and print http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...leet_Unpainted - a handy one-page guide to the planes that we currently have listed as being in the old livery. If you find a plane on this list that has indeed been repainted, please let us know so we can update the primary fleet Wiki (or you can update it yourself). I've grouped the tail numbers by aircraft type, but have combined the sub-types since you can't always tell from the outside which one's which.

By the way, the primary fleet Wiki page is at http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/United_Fleet_(UA).

Thanks for your support.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Jun 3, 2009 at 4:44 pm Reason: URL typo
Old Jun 3, 2009, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The current UA fleet is now one plane shy of 50% repainted (195 of 391). Or at least that's what we think...

We can't always keep up-to-date on what planes have been painted in the new livery as information comes from various sources. If you're interested in planespotting to see what we're missing, please download and print http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...leet_Unpainted - a handy one-page guide to the planes that we currently have listed as being in the old livery. If you find a plane on this list that has indeed been repainted, please let us know so we can update the primary fleet Wiki (or you can update it yourself). I've grouped the tail numbers by aircraft type, but have combined the sub-types since you can't always tell from the outside which one's which.

By the way, the primary fleet Wiki page is at [url]http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/United_Fleet_(UA)[url].

Thanks for your support.
Are you including the 737s? That will change your percentages.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by planemechanic
Are you including the 737s?
The ones that we believe are still flying, yes.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Just updated to reflect N530UA in new colors (spotted Saturday at ORD). Everything else I have to date agrees with your records.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
All of the Tedcraft are painted? I was in DEN about two weeks ago, and I know I saw at least two in Ted livery...
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:40 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
This has got to be the slowest fleet repainting in the history of airlines.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:58 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Maybe if all of us FTers get together and bring our wagner power painters we can speed up the process!!
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Eh, forget the livery... put more time and money into getting the business cabins converted.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Eh, forget the livery... put more time and money into getting the business cabins converted.
Exactly what I dont get is why I see 737's in the new livery - heh waste of money imho
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by UAL4life
Exactly what I dont get is why I see 737's in the new livery - heh waste of money imho
It is more waste of money when they use the cheap paint from the beginning, many planes had paint peeled off, need to go back to repaint again.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 8:18 pm

At this rate they'd be finished in 2014, 10 years after the new livery was announced!!! Which airline takes 10 years to repaint their fleet?
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAL4life
They were painted before UA decided to ground them.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
look at the site they have over on DL

http://www.widgetheads.net/

Why don't we have something like that?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:00 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
DenverBrian was so prophetic:

Originally Posted by DenverBrian in February 2004
Oh, yes it does...it costs in image.

You're probably referring to the fact that UA can simply wait until the time the plane is scheduled to be painted anyway.

The consequences of this? For at least the next 3 years, we'll have:

--New UA livery on a small number of planes (increasing over time but at an achingly slow rate).

--Old UA livery on a large number of planes (decreasing over time but at an achingly slow rate).

--Newer SHUTTLE livery on a ridiculous number of planes.

--Older SHUTTLE livery on enough planes to really make things confusing.

--TED livery on a growing number of planes.

I don't know of any other business that would allow old logos/paint schemes to remain in the company for longer than perhaps a year.

------------------
Brian/\/\

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-its-ads.html
Old Jun 8, 2009, 4:51 am

Programs: DL Charter DM 2.5MMer, former NW Gold/Platinum ('91-'04), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hur88
At this rate they'd be finished in 2014, 10 years after the new livery was announced!!! Which airline takes 10 years to repaint their fleet?
Didn't Delta start on a new livery before they had applied the old new one to all aircraft?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.