Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

DBCFREE Issued to Canadian - Who to contact?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC

A while back my gf (a newly minted Canadian 2P) was given a DBCFREE voucher for a bad experience and an overnight stay in ORD. At the time she didn't know that she couldn't use it in Canada and accepted it w/o question.

She just tried to contact MP Customer Relations and they told her to send an email to Premier Voice...is there not a number she can contact to get this rectified?

Thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Just send the email. That way the response is documented, and you have a copy. They'll offer to swap it for some $$ voucher, you'll know ahead of time what she's getting, and if you agree, you can send it in.

While it might take a day or two to get a response, I think it'll be better via email.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by channa
Just send the email. That way the response is documented, and you have a copy. They'll offer to swap it for some $$ voucher, you'll know ahead of time what she's getting, and if you agree, you can send it in.

While it might take a day or two to get a response, I think it'll be better via email.
Will do, thanks for the info.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
UA recently shifted to an email-only customer relations department. They made an actual announcement about it because in addition to it becoming email (or in writing) only they also brought the function back to US based agents instead of India based.

They said when a complaint/request is in writing it's easier to respond to than phone calls (and no doubt cheaper not having to staff call centers).

A request like this is definitely something customer relations would handle.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
Out of curiosity, what is being offered if VDB happens in airport in Canada (for example YYZ - ORD) ?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by poohhead80
Out of curiosity, what is being offered if VDB happens in airport in Canada (for example YYZ - ORD) ?
Dollar value travel credits...they're offered at all international locations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.