FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   UA's Spin-The-Wheel Setup at Certain Airports to Promote Travel Options (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/959779-uas-spin-wheel-setup-certain-airports-promote-travel-options.html)

hobo13 Jun 11, 2009 7:32 am

Game book in ORD yesterday. Not very exciting.

trainman74 Jun 11, 2009 9:42 pm

Spun at LAX today and landed on Premier Line. I opted for the deck of cards instead.

dlwalt Jun 11, 2009 11:50 pm

Deck of cards in ORD on Tuesday.
RCC pass in LAX on Wednesday.

Flying out of SFO on Saturday, do they have a wheel??

N334AA Jun 12, 2009 12:31 am

Got 1 off from RCC membership! At least they gave me a bottle of water. :(

chitownflyer Jun 12, 2009 8:54 am

Originally Posted by us2 (Post 11831682)
They should add freedom from getting the ICC as a prize...

Come to think of it, I'm surprised the beancounters at WHQ haven't come up with this as a revenue source. 1-976-4UNITED...

Next year, it will be free toilet access for a year...

I claim IP rights for the ideas in this post. UA management, I'm sure we can negotiate a price. :)

:D:D:D

blort Jun 12, 2009 10:02 am

These games are a good idea. Maybe the next one can be the Pete McDonald Driving Contest. They can set up a tee in one of the low C-gate jetways at ORD and give prizes for hitting competitors' aircraft as they taxi by.

cyber1k Jun 13, 2009 8:16 am

It's fun to spin. Even more fun to stop the wheel on the prize you want.

Cap'n Adventure Jun 13, 2009 12:42 pm

Spun it in LAX a couple of days ago. The bottle of water was by far the most valuable prize for me, but unfortunately I won a game book instead. :(

Cap'n Adventure Jun 13, 2009 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by us2 (Post 11831682)
They should add freedom from getting the ICC as a prize...

Come to think of it, I'm surprised the beancounters at WHQ haven't come up with this as a revenue source. 1-976-4UNITED...

Next year, it will be free toilet access for a year...

I claim IP rights for the ideas in this post. UA management, I'm sure we can negotiate a price. :)

Well, it *is* a business method tied to a particular machine (the wheel-of-fortune), and arguably a physical transformation (via the use of UA lavatories).

Pat89339 Jun 13, 2009 1:10 pm

I won a deck of cards at ORD today

Spun the wheel at ORD and landed on water. The attendant said I could have water, a deck of cards, or a game book. I took the cards.

By the way the RCC pass is just for use that day (in case no one else mentioned that in this thread).

djcutcher Jun 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Oh Pat....Hey Vanna...

Saw the Wheel last week noonish at LAX, returning from an MR.
It was unattended.
Ought I to have approached and spun, assuming an attendant would rush out of nowhere to shower me with gifities? Or would I have found the wheel immobile and incapable of being tinkered with?
Since it appeared to be very close to the boarding area for the gates (71? A/B?) I assumed it was intended for pax using those gates only.
Hence, what criteria are required before being allowed to play? There are other carriers using other gates; would they be allowed to fleece UA for one of the prizes? Are the prizes branded with the UA logo?
And IIRC, the whole business was not too far from a kiosk whence an attendant hawks MP membership, roughly opposite the entry to the RCC.
Hope it does whatever it's s'posedta--other than make me feel it's a little too circus/county fair/boardwalk-y...:rolleyes:

jason8612 Jun 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Do I have to be flying the same day to spin?

goriajk Jun 14, 2009 12:35 am

I Spun The Wheel At LAX Sat. 06/13 ...

I got my wish, as the wheel ended on the playing cards. Gotta love the Opt Cards :). JG

Downunder girl Jun 14, 2009 12:45 am

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 11846447)

Do they have dress codes in the RCCs ;) ????

dabolix Jun 14, 2009 2:06 am

Spun at LAX, won the economy plus which has no value for me, wanted to trade it for a water instead but they were out :/ walked away with a deck of cards