MP credit for Widerøe flight?

Old May 29, 2009, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
MP credit for Widerøe flight?

I flew TRF-CPH a couple of days ago with a C class ticket purchased as a Scandinavian SAS flight number. The actual flight was operated by Widerøe (WF), which is an SAS subsidiary. I can't find anything on UA site or through google that says that Widerøe flights are eligible for Mileage plus.

The check-in agent took my MP card but for whatever reason, did not enter it into the PNR. The SAS lounge at CPH caught the error, but couldn't retro-apply it to the WF flight.

It's not a big deal, but every little bit helps... ^
Old May 29, 2009, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA1K, BA GLD
They used to be non-eligible. This might have changed recently with a tighter integration WF into SAS group. However about 4 years ago I even had difficulties getting into SK *G lounge in ARN with boarding pass for WF flight to TRD. They claimed that WF is not *A (correctly at that time). Only when I pointed on SK flight number printed on BP. I certainly did not get any miles in UA program, though WF international flights do get credit for SK EuroBonus.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:02 pm

No luck

No luck. WF flights not eligible for MP credit, even if with SK ticket number (beginning with 117...). Moreover, WF and SK flights are not eligible for any mileage credit, whether with MP or SK's EuroBonus program, as the Norwegian government banned the practice in 2002 to avoid giving SK a competitive advantage. Some advantage. DY is eating their lunch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.