Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Post great "Tware" (UA twitter) deals/bonuses here: [Consolidated Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post great "Tware" (UA twitter) deals/bonuses here: [Consolidated Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
expired already.

Is there any avg length of time that most Twares are available for ?
an hour or two...
Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec
expired already.

Did a roundup of all the Twares on United twitter account and compiled the list here. Shows you the time the tweet was posted to the time it ended and how long it was up for. Interesting that they repeat certain cities.

TS
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by twospirits
Did a roundup of all the Twares on United twitter account and compiled the list here. Shows you the time the tweet was posted to the time it ended and how long it was up for. Interesting that they repeat certain cities.

TS

Thanks for tracking the tware routes. Just a note on today's Australia Tware: it's not just Sydney, as I was able to see Melbourne as valid Tware destination as well. $789 including taxes and fees. Almost as low as last year's low Australian fares.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yup! I actually booked mine for a tad higher than the low price last year. Booked a same-day return. Wish I had tried MEL, but was worried I'd run out of time before deal expiration if I played around too much, so just booked into syd. Of course, it booked into L, and the cost to upgrade to "w" is +$950~ for use of a swu. The co-pay + miles is 30,000 + 500 each way. Thoughts on what I should do?

Last edited by UAPremierGuy; Mar 31, 2010 at 6:20 pm
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:40 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Yup! I actually booked mine for a tad lower than the low price last year. Booked a same-day return. Wish I had tried MEL, but was worried I'd run out of time before deal expiration if I played around to much, so just booked into syd. Of course, it booked into L, and the cost to upgrade to "w" is +$950~ for use of a swu. The co-pay + miles is 30,000 + 500 each way. Thoughts on what I should do?
Book an exit row. You'll live!
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
expired already.

I think the domestic Twares usually only last for 1 hour. International Twares usually last for 2 hours.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by ua_to_ord
+1. Save the $950 for a few really good meals.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Yup! I actually booked mine for a tad lower than the low price last year. Booked a same-day return. Wish I had tried MEL, but was worried I'd run out of time before deal expiration if I played around to much, so just booked into syd. Of course, it booked into L, and the cost to upgrade to "w" is +$950~ for use of a swu. The co-pay + miles is 30,000 + 500 each way. Thoughts on what I should do?
Are these tweets limited to Y or do they also include favorable C fares as well? A C fare anywhere near $2k (which doesn't seem likely) would beat any upgrade scenario with the COS bonus from the paid fare.

Not too likely I'll see a tweet fare SFO-CDG is it?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Are these tweets limited to Y or do they also include favorable C fares as well? A C fare anywhere near $2k (which doesn't seem likely) would beat any upgrade scenario with the COS bonus from the paid fare.

Not too likely I'll see a tweet fare SFO-CDG is it?
I've never seen a C Tware, but that would be a great idea for the future.

Originally Posted by ua_to_ord
Done, and done. I've got 33A on both flights. Hoping the UDU will at least get me some F time prior to the long flights.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:06 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
The last time they had a TWARE to Australia it was for 30% off all Y fares, including upgradable fares.

Last edited by Pat89339; Mar 17, 2010 at 11:38 am
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: United Airlines
Originally Posted by Pat89339
The last time they had a TWARE to Australia it was for 30% off all Y fares, including upgradable fares.
Wonder if that would qualify for auto-upgrade.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
If by auto-upgrade you mean Unlimited Domestic Upgrade a/k/a UDU. It is for domestic travel only.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
How do you automate receiving of just UA tweets?

Is there a twitter program that will automatically send you a tweet from a specific party, maybe forward it to an SMS phone text? I'd like to know, right then and there, when UA is tweeting. I don't check my twitter account that often, so I always miss the window when UA tweets.

Thanks-
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Is there a twitter program that will automatically send you a tweet from a specific party, maybe forward it to an SMS phone text? I'd like to know, right then and there, when UA is tweeting. I don't check my twitter account that often, so I always miss the window when UA tweets.

Thanks-
You can configure who you want to get on your phone via SMS. http://help.twitter.com/entries/14014-twitter-phone-faq
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Tware for Boston flyers

Tweet started at 15:22 and would probably end around 17:22. NYC time

From BOS to ORD/DEN/LAX/SFO/IAD $69/$79/$99/$99/$49
Fares are ow
Travel through may 16, 2010

Link.

Tware ended at 17:07

Last edited by twospirits; Mar 17, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.