Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What's the easiest way to get United miles online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

I've heard of some cool shopping programs, but are there any other simple, non-time consuming alternatives that you are aware of?
Old May 13, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Get a United MileagePlus Visa card and do all of your internet shopping using that card.
Old May 13, 2009, 2:15 pm

I find the flowers offers (FTD) to be very good. (from UAL Mileage Mall) Usually it's 20 miles to $1, so.

I net around 800- 1,000 or so on occasions when I need to send one or two arrangements to family or friends. And the recipient doesn't know the ancillary benefit to you.

I randomly sent a friendly bouquet or fruit or something to group of female co-workers and it made their day, and got me $1,000 miles

It's a great mileage boost for something you'd do anyway throughout the year.

I have the UAL credit card but rarely use it. (except for travel) I have the UAL business check card which I use for monthly expenses. Also using those when buying UAL airfare doubles it. i.e. if you airfare is $300 you'll gain $600 miles from it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.