Harassed by fax, phone

Old Oct 23, 2001, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Usairways Silver
Harassed by fax, phone

My dilemma is not unlike many others here, I had flights all cancelled and was rebooked on my return flights that were arriving too late, 6 hours later then I planned on....original routing PHL-IAD-MSY...changed to PHL-ORD-MSY I was due to leave MSY for my rtn at 1pm getting to PHL at 6...they still had a 1pm flight but i was told it was sold out..they changed me to the 6pm...never bothered to notify me even, I called to find out for myself....Im sorry I dont wanna get home at midnight, my husband leaves for work by 5am the next morning.......after much exaserbation and pleading and phone call after phone call with UA, I asked for them to book me on another carrier (rule 240)...OK finally they agreed to book me on AA for my return flight from MSY to ORD...and on UA from ORD to PHL...still getting me home 2 hours late but I can live with 8pm, its better then midnight....So I think everything is copacetic...NOT....I call back to get my itinerary faxed and my flight from MSY-ORD on AA is not there...(I didnt know if it would be)just my flight from ORD-PHL which was still on UA...I call AA and they say they have my name in the system, just it is not confirmed...call UA they say...fine, I call back...explain the story...the first RUDE rep tells me its not her fault our flights were cancelled...that there are lots of people who have been laid off etc...I sympathize with your plight, but thats not a concern of mine right now as I have no flight?? I just wanna get on a flight home...she says they did book the flight with AA but when it was sent to AA, it was sold out....she offers to refund my money...No I say, I dont want a refund...i want a flight...well there are no flights she says....I had a confirmed reservation yet there are no flights? baffling to say the least....she asks if I wanna speak to a supervisor I say yes...after being placed on hold for 15 minutes, she hangs up on me and noone ever comes on the line...I am now pretty infuriated to say the least....I call back...again waiting and waiting for someone to answer...I again retell the whole story...this rep has NO idea what im talking about, there is nothing in the computer about a flight on AA...I said excuse me ? I said look then could you please find me an afternoon flight?...I explain how the gentlemen I spoke with earlier in the evening booked me on AA but oddly enough there is no record or documentation of any of this, yet AA has my name in the system...go figure...he puts me on hold 10 minutes...I tried to be as nice as I could under the circumstances but I was frustrated and worried...Im leaving in a week and have no plane home...he tells me I should chill out. No im not gonna chill out..I was cancelled, hung up on, put on hold ad infinitum and then you tell me to chill out? again I am reminded that they would not have this problem were it not for Sept 11...again I sympathize and I say I understand that but it is not my fault...so who's fault is it the rep asked me...excuse me i said ? he puts me on hold yet again (Look kids Big Ben, Parliament!)...no lie 20 minutes...comes back and tells me they can get me on the 1pm flight I was originally cancelled from...funny how they can open up seats for a flight that I was originally told 2 weeks ago was overbooked by some odd 50 people...fine,I say they are routing me back thru IAD which is what i wanted...The rep tells me if I want someone to help me I should be a little nicer...(I should be nicer? They have THEE RUDEST reps I have ever encountered)Yes I was nice in the beginning but everyone has their breaking point...Im sorry, I had gotten to mine...I ask him to fax a copy of the itinerary...so he does, once, twice, three, four, five times!! was that necessary ? I am almost positive this was done purposely to aggravate me....maybe it was a mistake but come on 5 times? I think upon speaking to the supervisor, the super probably said, put them on the flights, they will be bumped off anyway...as they probably laughed...I cannot wait to see what happens when I get to the airport....should be a hoot...I will say this, I have never been treated so shabbily by an airline in all my life and I really fail to understand how then can treat people the way they do and have any customers at all..UNREAL is all I can say....
Old Oct 23, 2001, 11:20 pm

Seems the rude agents all touched your record. Then you may be able to report it to some nice manager.

The joys of hanging up and calling back

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.