Wiki Posts
Search

Yipee! The Double Miles have posted!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2001, 8:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Yipee! The Double Miles have posted!!!

That was F-a-s-t ............. Thanks UA.

Got some biggies in there too. Also got 4 more 500 milers than showed 2 days back. And all kinds of bonuses back to May for some reason. Recall it was some kind of Canada promo?

Rock on United.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 11:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

My double mileage bonus still has yet to be posted.. it's been over a week. I certainly hope that UA isn't selectively awarding the mileage early, based on elite status. Even then, I'm only premier.. sheesh. I'm looking forward to my AA flight, since it seems that they are much more speedy when it comes to posting double miles.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 12:02 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
I am 1K and my double miles haven't posted. Just the regular 100% bonus miles.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 12:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I'm 1K and took some flights on Wednesday and Friday of last week. Flights and my 100% 1K bonus miles have posted, but no double miles yet.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 12:38 pm
geo1004

Are the 500 milers 'domestic US' only or can you string a bunch together to fly international, say, SYD-LAX-ORD-DUS?

Old Oct 15, 2001, 2:13 pm

I hope that you have registered to get you double miles. Mine posted just fine over the weekend.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 3:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

FWIW I did pre-register on phone ( in case that was different/more efficient to doing on website page which I gather was fritzed at that time ) and took the flights a few days later.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 4:17 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Avgas.... whats your secret with United ????

Seriously, I will take your advice and also go ahead and register (again) by phone, I did already do this online but since you did use the old fashioned way and got your bonus, I think its better to prevent than to cure. What phone number did you call??

Thanks for the heads-up !!!

------------------
Gaucho100K

[This message has been edited by Gaucho100K (edited 10-15-2001).]
Old Oct 15, 2001, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
1-800-447-6772 and enter offer code 168. (MPNN51)

http://www.ual.com/site/primary/0,10...52,00.html#SYS
Old Oct 15, 2001, 4:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

And FWIW the # given above is (or was!) fully automated so call any time to get the pre-registration in place. 33,000 MP points for one day's low price flying was a NICE surprise, seeing flight was booked and paid for WAY before the promo was even announced.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
My double miles bonus posted late Sunday October 14 for flights I took on Saturday, October 6. Interestingly, several days earlier I got a 2500 mile bonus tacked onto my Shuttle flight to SFO, and another 2500 tacked onto my flight from SFO to Japan, which I figure are the Japan and Asia travel bonuses. Now those bonuses are for round trips according to the published rules, but posted before I had taken the return flight. In each case the bonus showed as an add-on to the flight, not as a separate "ASIA BONUS" or "JAPAN BONUS" entry.

------------------
"Yes, but at least mine will be found in a first class seat." -- Peattie and Taylor
Old Oct 15, 2001, 6:23 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks, Im calling right now !!!
Old Oct 15, 2001, 10:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I was informed by the MP desk that the next "sweep" will be Oct 23.. and that sometimes they miss accounts during each "sweep".. =P
Old Oct 15, 2001, 11:05 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avgas:
And FWIW the # given above is (or was!) fully automated so call any time to get the pre-registration in place... </font>
Sort of startling way the call ends though; after you enter you MP number the line goes fuzzy and then hangs you up. No confirmation recording or anything.

Old Oct 16, 2001, 12:55 am
Original Member

I asked Mileage Plus yesterday and they suggested I register again by phone since I had done it on the web. So I did.

No mileage posted over the weekend for flights last week, although the regular miles & Premex 100% bonus did..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.