Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Airlines- 10,000 Free Miles for those graduating

Old Apr 22, 09, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

United College Plus® is the student's version of Mileage Plus®, United's frequent flyer program. Any full-time student from a college or university in the U.S. can join.

http://www.united.com/page/middlepag...3,1271,00.html

Graduation Bonus

We will help you celebrate your college graduation with 10,000 Mileage Plus bonus miles (see United College Plus rules for details). Just send the following to the address below, and your bonus will be posted to your account within 4-6 weeks of receipt:

A copy of your final transcript showing that you did indeed graduate as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university.*
Old Apr 22, 09, 11:43 pm

This has been around for a while (thumbs up to United for this!), but thanks for reposting; timely, as some FT'ers or friends may be graduating in a couple months.

Anyone know if this works for for Masters program graduated, or undergrad only?
Old Apr 22, 09, 11:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.7MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Nice bonus but not new. This has been available for many years

an earlier post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...lege-plus.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...t-college.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...s-degrees.html
Old Apr 23, 09, 6:41 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Starwood Platinum
Note term #7 of the College Plus program:

7. Member must be registered in College Plus prior to graduation. Member must graduate with a degree from accredited United States college or university. Member must submit a full copy of their official, final transcript with in 12 months of their graduation date. We are unable to accept a copy of a diploma or letter from the college.
Old Apr 23, 09, 6:45 am

Programs: United-1P!!!! (WOW!)
I got my 10k for Masters. Just make sure you enroll before you graduate as indicated in T&Cs.
Old Apr 23, 09, 7:16 am

Programs: United 1P, Hilton Gold (Maybe?), Hyatt Platinum (Does that mean anything?)
Arrgh - I knew about this before graduating undergrad, signed up, and forgot to send in my transcript.

I wonder if it would work for my post bacc pre-med program in which I am enrolled now (probably not, I'm guessing).
Old Apr 23, 09, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
if im already registered with the regular mp, can i register in the college mp and transfer my miles over to my regular account?
Old Apr 23, 09, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588 View Post
if im already registered with the regular mp, can i register in the college mp and transfer my miles over to my regular account?
It doesn't even require a transfer. Signing up for CollegePlus just sets some sort of marketing flag on your account.
Old Apr 23, 09, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by soitgoes View Post
It doesn't even require a transfer. Signing up for CollegePlus just sets some sort of marketing flag on your account.
so would my college plus account and my regular account be linked? or is it the same mp number entirely? i dont want to do this and then lose my status or upgrade inst. etc...
Old Apr 23, 09, 8:23 am

so would my college plus account and my regular account be linked? or is it the same mp number entirely? i dont want to do this and then lose my status or upgrade inst. etc...
In my experience (worked for my MS), it doesn't change any of those things... it's more like registering for a promo than anything else.
Old Apr 23, 09, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, once-upon-a-time NW Gold, BMI Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I got the bonus on 2 out of 3 degress. (didn't know about it on the first!)

I think you can apply anytime up until a year later. i.e. you might still be able to get it if you graduated LAST year. Worth a try, since the cost is only a transcript.
Old Apr 23, 09, 9:19 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; SPG Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat; Hertz Pres Cirlce
I got 10k for my BA in 2003 and another 10k for my MPA in 2004. It's a great program that attracts younger fliers to the airline.
Old Apr 23, 09, 11:06 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.7MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
There is just one account. A College Plus "account" is just a regular account that is eligible for the bonus. Note -- you need to sign-up/register your regular account prior to graduation. This will probably also put you on a "enhanced" marketing messages distribution.
Old May 1, 09, 2:07 pm

Night classes vs. full time student

I just signed up for MP graduation bonus, but was uncertain if they enforce their requirement that I be a full time student. I am taking night classes towards my masters. My transcript will show 1-2 classes taken a semester, so they could figure it out when I sent it in.

Has anyone received the 10,000 mile bonus after taking a part-time program?
Old May 1, 09, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat
Oh! Totally didn't know about this!
Missed out when I got my bachelors but am getting my masters in June
(then PhD later)...
just registered but I have one question...

Originally Posted by goplaces View Post
Note term #7 of the College Plus program:

7. Member must be registered in College Plus prior to graduation. Member must graduate with a degree from accredited United States college or university. Member must submit a full copy of their official, final transcript with in 12 months of their graduation date. We are unable to accept a copy of a diploma or letter from the college.
wait does that mean I need to have an original transcript sent to them or that I have to get it then send it myself? That baffled me right there... (maybe im just tired)

Search this Thread