Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Airlines- 10,000 Free Miles for those graduating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines- 10,000 Free Miles for those graduating

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:57 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Congratulations, pallensf!
Mahalo mahasamatman!

it took me awhile to get it, but so well worth it!
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:50 pm

Smile MS graduation & 10,000 bonus miles have landed

Just 22 days after I faxed my cover letter request and final transcript, the eagle landed today with 10,000 miles. Yea BABY! ^

When this thread first started just over a year ago, I immediately joined College Plus at the tender age or 43. I've been taking 1-2 classes a semester for these past three years, so this was a nice extra.

Since I am now considering a PhD, I will rejoin College Plus. My UA notification email contained the following quote on re-enrolling:

"If you are continuing with school and wish to re-enroll in the College Plus program, go to www.united.com/collegeplus and click on "Join United College Plus" to re-register your account as a College Plus member. Please note that you must re-enroll in the program to be eligible for any additional graduation bonuses."

Last edited by NICEDUDE66; Jul 2, 2010 at 2:01 pm Reason: Add UA quote.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Hopefully it's not a sign that the program is ending or gone as I just submitted some forms (using the cached info from Google), but the united.com/collegeplus link is no longer valid and neither are ones that I looked up in a search on united.com.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by shortypowers
Hopefully it's not a sign that the program is ending or gone as I just submitted some forms (using the cached info from Google), but the united.com/collegeplus link is no longer valid and neither are ones that I looked up in a search on united.com.
Hmmmm you're right. I actually visited this link just last Friday (July 23) to send it over to a friend of mine....I graduated undergrad in '08 and received the 10k bonus, will be getting a Masters in May 2011 and had already re-registered to get the 10k for that, but am afraid of the disappearance

The full link I had sent to my friend was http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,3106,00.html but that returns a Page Not Found error. Hopefully it's just a .bomb reorganization and will reappear soon (optimistically thinking: the timing for moving the program information would fit pretty well with most submissions from May graduations already being taken care of - but at the same time, discontinuation of the program would also fit that timing ) I suppose time will tell......
Old Jul 29, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I forgot about this deal. My brother graduated law school 2 months ago, so I'm hoping the deal is still valid and the URL goes back up soon.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
I forgot about this deal. My brother graduated law school 2 months ago, so I'm hoping the deal is still valid and the URL goes back up soon.
If I were he, I wouldn't wait for the link, in case it really is being ended. According to the Google-cached page:
" Just send the following to the address below, and your bonus will be posted to your account within 4-6 weeks of receipt:

* A copy of your final transcript showing that you did indeed graduate as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university.*
* Your United College Plus/Mileage Plus account number.**
* Your e-mail address.

Mileage Plus, Inc.
P.O. Box 40
Rapid City, SD 57709
Attn: College Plus Graduation

<snip>
* Copy of official transcript must be received within 12 months of graduation.
** Must be a member of College Plus prior to graduation to be eligible for bonus miles.
Questions? Please contact [email protected]."
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA G
Google's still got it cached.

Earn College Plus miles
As a United College PlusŪ member, you can earn miles toward free travel on United flights and with Mileage PlusŪ partners. But you also have many exclusive bonus-mile opportunities available to you.

Graduation Bonus

We will help you celebrate your college graduation with 10,000 Mileage Plus bonus miles (see United College Plus rules for details). Just send the following to the address below, and your bonus will be posted to your account within 4-6 weeks of receipt:

* A copy of your final transcript showing that you did indeed graduate as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university.*
* Your United College Plus/Mileage Plus account number.**
* Your e-mail address.

Mileage Plus, Inc.
P.O. Box 40
Rapid City, SD 57709
Attn: College Plus Graduation

Mileage Plus partners

Plus, earn miles when you stay at a hotel, rent a car, make a long-distance phone call, make a purchase on your Mileage Plus VisaŪ, shop or invest online- and more - with over 100 Mileage plus partners around the world. For more information or to enroll, visit united.com/mileageplus.

* Copy of official transcript must be received within 12 months of graduation.
** Must be a member of College Plus prior to graduation to be eligible for bonus miles.
Questions? Please contact [email protected].
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
The College Plus pages are back on united.com... looks like it was a temporary glitch.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA G
Has anyone received College Plus miles recently? It's been 3 months and nothing so far.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by cepheid
The College Plus pages are back on united.com... looks like it was a temporary glitch.
Glad to see that it's back up! I just registered, and am looking forward to an extra 10K when I'm out..
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
just graduated in June. received my miles within 2 weeks of sending it in. very impressed with how quick it was.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:18 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Just got mine today, also took about two weeks. Thanks UA! ^
Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG
The Mileage Plus line was very helpful when inquiring about a delayed response. They provided the following link for general followup on requests:
[email protected]
Old May 18, 2012, 1:59 am

Does anyone know if this program still exists or not? I did a search on United website but couldn't find anything.
Old May 19, 2012, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by chimpanzee911
Does anyone know if this program still exists or not? I did a search on United website but couldn't find anything.
I'd love to know as well. Three relatives have kids who just graduated this month. I tried to find info on UA website but found nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.