Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Airlines- 10,000 Free Miles for those graduating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines- 10,000 Free Miles for those graduating

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 3:16 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by ACVBear
does that mean I need to have an original transcript sent to them or that I have to get it then send it myself?
Either way.

But of course if they send it, they'll need to include the Mileage plus number somewhere.

Last edited by sosafan; May 1, 2009 at 3:16 pm Reason: Added an afterthought
Old May 1, 2009, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I was able to get the 10k with just a copy of my transcript (printed from my school's online system) the first time. For a graduate degree the agent requested I send both a photocopy of the diploma and an (unofficial) transcript copy. Not sure what would have happened if I sent only one or the other though...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, PC Gold
"10,000 Bonus Miles for college graduate" Do it work for Canadian university

Hey all, I just found UA has the 10,000 Bonus Miles promotion for college graduate, the website:

http://www.milemaven.com/offer/fligh...a652b/206/109/

It says must be a member of College Plus, but I just graduated from a Canadian University, so, does this promotion still apply to me?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The details state:

A copy of your final transcript showing that you did indeed graduate as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university.*
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:44 pm

Got a family member graduating Spring 10, is there ANY disadvantages to enrolling in this program?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Jiangsu
Hey all, I just found UA has the 10,000 Bonus Miles promotion for college graduate, the website:

http://www.milemaven.com/offer/fligh...a652b/206/109/
This is a program 10+ years old, I am surprised it still exist. Initially there are even sign up bonus and discount flight certs if I remember correct. I actually sign up UA as college plus instead of mileage plus back in 98.

Originally Posted by Jiangsu
It says must be a member of College Plus, but I just graduated from a Canadian University, so, does this promotion still apply to me?
What is so difficult to read the terms ?

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,3106,00.html

A copy of your final transcript showing that you did indeed graduate as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university

And even if you graduated from a US college or university, you still wouldn't qualify.

** Must be a member of College Plus prior to graduation to be eligible for bonus miles.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 5, 2009 at 12:32 am
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CactusFlier
Got a family member graduating Spring 10, is there ANY disadvantages to enrolling in this program?
no.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 5:10 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
A copy of your final transcript showing that you did indeed graduate as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university
Weak. I'm at a Swedish University right now. Would it be wrong of me to transfer to a US University just for the miles?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, United Club, AA EP, BR, CI, CX, WN, SPG, HH, Marriott Gold, LeClub Accor PLAT
I signed up for CollegePlus in my final quarter of classes, last spring. I've been pretty busy/lazy and only recently did I request a copy of my transcript. I had the school send me the transcript directly so that I could write in my MileagePlus number and email address. My school wanted to charge extra if we had special requests, like attaching additional documentation etc.

Following the instructions listed on this page: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,3106,00.html, I got this email from CollegePlus today, after only 18 days since I dropped off the transcript in the mail:

The sender was CollegePlus <[email protected]>
The subject line was titled: Graduation - [my MP###########](Thread:#####)

MP##### ### ###
Hello iAMreallyBORED,

Congratulations on graduating from college!

Thank you for sending us verification of your degree. We have credited your account with 10,000 bonus miles. You can access your Mileage Plus account 24 hours a day and view your bonus online when you create an online profile at www.united.com/register.

If you are continuing with school and wish to re-enroll in the College Plus program, go to www.united.com/collegeplus and click on "Join United College Plus" to re-register your account as a College Plus member. Please note that you must re-enroll in the program to be eligible for any additional graduation bonuses. To learn about more ways you can earn Mileage Plus credit, go to www.united.com/partnerguide.

On behalf of United, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

[CollegePlus Representative Name]
C+

Please provide us feedback on the correspondence you have just received from the Mileage Plus Service Center . After filling out our brief survey, you will be given a chance to fill out our longer survey. If you choose to take our longer survey, your name will be entered to win a $400 travel certificate. Please see more details by accessing the web link below:

http://www.intelliscaninc.net/ua/q.cfm?###########

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVATE and CONFIDENTIAL.”

Logging into United.com, I immediately saw that my new mileage balance reflected the 10K addition, but I had to search for it in the activities. The 10,000 miles was posted to the actual graduation date listed on my transcript.

Jun XX, 2009 COLLEGE PLUS GRADUATION BONUS 10,000 0 0 10,000

For those of you about to graduate, and haven't yet signed up for CollegePlus, take the time to do so. Best of luck with the remainder of the school year!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: UA *G
I don't see anywhere that it requires the institution be accredited. Would anyone enroll in a diploma mill for the miles? ;] :P
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Too bad my Japanese university doesn't qualify... it'd be nice if every country UA flies to were represented.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:18 pm

Other than a "Welcome to College Plus" screen that appears after registering, where in your profile does it show that you are in fact registered for College Plus (in case 3 years from now they claim I never registered)?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I just sent in a copy of my "official/original degree". We'll see what happens.

;-)
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA G
How long does it take for miles to show up after sending in your docs?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by pallensf
I just sent in a copy of my "official/original degree".
Congratulations, pallensf!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.