Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Interesting new - and old - food options at RCC's -- BOS and elsewhere

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

I stopped at the BOS RCC earlier today and was amazed to find chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered raisins (both white and dark choc), yummy trail mix (two types), assorted cookies and crackers, and cheese cubes instead of the processed stuff. The veggies were still there. In other words, this actually appeared as an ENHANCEMENT rather than a reduction! Amazing. I also noticed a bagel toaster earlier this month, but haven't been there in the AM to use it. (And I'm not sure I saw it today.)

Anyway, I was wondering if any other RCC's got this upgrade? I'm sitting at the 'incomparable' RCC in ORD as we speak, and see nothing of the new fare.

(My apologies if this was reported earlier, but I haven't flown through BOS on UA in 3 weeks and hadn't seen a thread on it since then.)
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P-MM
LAX now has a commercial bread toaster and cereal dispensers (3 kinds). I was only there for a brief time Sat AM 4/11, so not sure what else may have been changed / improved.

I was at BOS on Sat PM 4/18 and noted the same changes as you.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Yup LAX has really taken a step up. I still don't think it's amazing, but our expectations have been SO low that this is a huge step . It's great to hear that BOS is getting an improved RCC as well. I haven't been there in a few years - do they still give the full cans of soda? Love that (IAD does it too).

I'll be at the SFO / ORD RCC a few times over the next couple weeks. I'll check and see if those get any improvements as well.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
Ramen. That is all.

Ramen. That is all I ask for. How hard could this be?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by hobo13
I stopped at the BOS RCC earlier today and was amazed to find chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered raisins (both white and dark choc), yummy trail mix (two types), assorted cookies and crackers, and cheese cubes instead of the processed stuff.
The packaged cheese served in the RCCs is real cheese - not processed cheese "product" like the stuff in the snack-boxes.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA, SPG, HH, IC, Onepass
Denver's 2 RCC's do not have the new options.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hyatt Diamond
Sitting in the JFK RCC and its the same old apples, cheese, crackers and cookies.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:56 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Wink Well Someone HasTo Ask...

Are these improvments for the benefit of the passengers or Mickey The Mascot Mouse at IAD??? (he;s such a cute little feller).

Elite Status Is Not A Matter of Life & Death...It Is Much More Important Than That!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA BA SW SPG
SFO RCC normally has the same old stuff - but surprisingly they don't have a printer for use! When stopping in this past weekend to print out documents I was told they might get one by the end of the year!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by tdelahoz
Denver's 2 RCC's do not have the new options.
I swear that the two DEN RCC's are the worst in the system when it comes to snack selections.

Most of the time there aren't any snacks out. Oh wait, except for the warm yogurt sitting out in the bowl of water at 1100.

From 1000 to noon. There is like ZIPPO out. They don't tend to transition to "lunchtime" snack items until after noon. And the food service people are slower than molasses. Bring out one item. Disappear. Re-appear 15 min later to bring out a stack of napkins. Disappear. Rinse Lather Repeat.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the food options at the BOS RCC have definitely been enhanced thoughout Q1.
The conveyor toaster seems like the latest addition. Last week there was quite an array of fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries), the bulk cereal/granola offerings are decent and the bread/toast choices pretty good. I had more than a few pieces cinnamon-raisin toast.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rch4u
The packaged cheese served in the RCCs is real cheese - not processed cheese "product" like the stuff in the snack-boxes.
Perhaps, but I still liked the cubes better.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Yup, I was at LAX RCC in the evening last week, and they had the same new foods as the OP saw in BOS. I really enjoyed the sesame stick/trail mix Although I wonder how long they'll keep recycling stale trail mix, or if there's enough turn-over during the day to ensure fresh refills.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by veezer
Yup, I was at LAX RCC in the evening last week, and they had the same new foods as the OP saw in BOS. I really enjoyed the sesame stick/trail mix Although I wonder how long they'll keep recycling stale trail mix, or if there's enough turn-over during the day to ensure fresh refills.
The bins for the trail mix in BOS were pretty small. I'd be surprised if it doesn't turnover fairly quickly. I guess it's our duty to load up on it, and then we can insure it gets refreshed!

Glad to see that maybe this is a systemwide enchancement. Now if only DEN could get something.....
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
ORD F concourse had plums instead of grapes the last 2 visits but unclear if that is an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.