Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

First hamburgers, now hot dogs. What's next?

First hamburgers, now hot dogs. What's next?

Old Aug 25, 01, 4:35 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Maybe as a point of reference for the rest of us, would you say the burger was more like a McDonalds or a Burger King or a Wendy's? That will give the rest of us a better idea of where on the scale of burgerdom to start our assessment.</font>
Well, that's a bit of a limited scale. On a burger scale of 0-10, I'd rate McPuke a 0, Burger Thing a 1 and Wendy's a 2. Burgers from a good pub here or somewhere like Red Robin or Hamburger Hamlet in the US can rate up to 10.
Old Aug 25, 01, 5:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kev LAX:
On the other hand, maybe it is intended to keep the feel of First from getting too stuffy and pretentious. Who needs caviar and tournedos?...
</font>
What is the reason of flying First Class, if you don't get First class legroom, First class service and First class meals when paying First class prices ??

Old Aug 25, 01, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, Hilton D, Mariott/SPG Plat Elite, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Plat, Amex Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ahrz:
What is the reason of flying First Class, if you don't get First class legroom, First class service and First class meals when paying First class prices ??
</font>
I haven't paid First Class prices since last September (was working for someone in YUL who couldn't make up their mind until the last minute and so usually flew on A4COACH US fares). But I've usually been in First Class while paying, say, $125 for DCA-CAK.

First Class is Upgraded Class nowadays. I would really hate to be paying F class fares; First Class is clearly a perk for frequent flyers (not that I'm complaining or I'd be on WN).
Old Aug 30, 01, 6:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ahrz:

</font>
Ahrz:

My take is very few PAY for First Class, Just expect it.......

Old Aug 31, 01, 6:52 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Can one request a special meal in first class and avoid the fast-food fare that is being offered with alarmingly greater frequency there?

------------------
"Sire, it is not a revolt. It is a Revolution!"
Old Aug 31, 01, 7:22 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
In response to customer demand, first class menus have been standardized on all flights. From now on, first class customers will have their choice of:

Tuna noodle casserole: Fine chunk light Chicken of the Sea tuna mixed with Top Ramen noodles and mayonnaise. Topped with a light sprinkling of day-old bread crumbs.

Classic PB&J: Wonder bread with Peter Pan peaunut butter and delicious grape jelly.

Leftovers: We've scoured the gallies of international air carriers and are pleased to offer the leftovers we found. All food has been scraped free of mold and irradiated to eliminate pesky viruses and bacterial growths!

Actually, the meals I've had lately have not been all THAT bad. I do miss the deli cart, though.
Old Aug 31, 01, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Global Svcs 3 MM, LH Senator, BA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by duplojohn:
Ahrz:

My take is very few PAY for First Class, Just expect it.......

</font>
Last week, the WSJ stated that just under 2% of all US air passengers fly in paid first.

Old Aug 31, 01, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott LT Titanium
Ahh... Great menu Kokonutz!

Had me laughing out loud- I so appreciate that.

The most alarming thought I had reading the last menu item was the horror if they altered their scavenging from international carriers to domestic carriers.

Kevin
Old Sep 1, 01, 2:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Maybe as a point of reference for the rest of us, would you say the burger was more like a McDonalds or a Burger King or a Wendy's</font>

The one and only time I enjoyed that treat, from SJC to MCO, it was more like a burger you would find at a pancake joint at 4 a.m.

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World

Search this Thread
Search Engine: