Search

UA on Twitter

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
UA on Twitter

Just playing around with Twitter, and noticed that United now appears to have a Twitter account. Not sure how many FT'ers use Twitter as well, but the name is United_Airlines, and the profile is here: www.twitter.com/United_Airlines.

Now, its good to see UA has joined the likes of AS, B6 and WN with a Twitter account, but would like to see UA actually use theirs. As of now, it appears that United_Airlines has 311 followers (I think I'm the newest one), however has only provided 3 updates, all on March 18th, and is only following 1 other (MarriottInternat'l). It would be great if UA used Twitter as a means of communication with customers.

United_PR, do you know anymore about this, or, in fact, if UA will be tweeting more in the future?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Just playing around with Twitter, and noticed that United now appears to have a Twitter account. Not sure how many FT'ers use Twitter as well, but the name is United_Airlines, and the profile is here: www.twitter.com/United_Airlines.

Now, its good to see UA has joined the likes of AS, B6 and WN with a Twitter account, but would like to see UA actually use theirs. As of now, it appears that United_Airlines has 311 followers (I think I'm the newest one), however has only provided 3 updates, all on March 18th, and is only following 1 other (MarriottInternat'l). It would be great if UA used Twitter as a means of communication with customers.

United_PR, do you know anymore about this, or, in fact, if UA will be tweeting more in the future?
Thanks for posting this. Must be relatively new. Only 312 followers.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Thanks for posting this. Must be relatively new. Only 312 followers.
I think I ran into their site some time ago. However, the lack of updates is a bit confusing and doesnt show much commitment. I would love to see UA actively inolved in twitter a la WN and B6
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
now 340. Hopefully they update more frequently soon.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K,SPG Plat,
341 now. Maybe they'll have twitter only specials, or twitter first specials. Dare to dream, no?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I think counting belongs in OMNI Ok..Can anyone tell if UA is actually involved in the account?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA [Gold]
Originally Posted by mudba
I think counting belongs in OMNI Ok..Can anyone tell if UA is actually involved in the account?
Well, there's been three total updates posted all the same day, March 18. Since it's been almost a month I think we can safely say not at the moment.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:32 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I don't even have MySpace or Twitter or even Facebook.

If people want to look up United or listen to them, just log in United.com
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mudba
I'd say this looks official. From the profile:
United Airlines; Global Airlines; Star Alliance; Public Relations; official twitterer; Hubs in Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
I’m still trying to figure out if Twitter is really useful, or just a waste of time. I have an account, but the whole thing feels counter-intuitive to how I like to get information.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:40 pm

I bet this is another project UA began and never followed through, like, so many others.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by noah
United Airlines; Global Airlines; Star Alliance; Public Relations; official twitterer; Hubs in Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington
Why? You think only an official from UAL would have this information? Does twitter vet the account profile of its users?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by N965VJ
I’m still trying to figure out if Twitter is really useful, or just a waste of time. I have an account, but the whole thing feels counter-intuitive to how I like to get information.
Ive since found it to be pretty useful. You have to have a lot of friends that use it/sites that use to for it to be useful though...
Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by noah
You can copy and paste that from anywhere.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by whakojacko
I think I ran into their site some time ago. However, the lack of updates is a bit confusing and doesnt show much commitment. I would love to see UA actively inolved in twitter a la WN and B6
a la Alaska too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.