Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge at SFO - UA Traveller Access/Review Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: nada these days

Just got a chance to try this out. I'm really glad they did this! Not only can I shop like a maniac, I can access the international RCC (yeah, OK, not much different from the domestic RCC) and the Silver Kris lounge, apparently.

They let me in at the latter, but only after I produced my (sadly about to expire) *G card; my RCC membership didn't sway them. From what I understand based on FT and the RCC TOS, the RCC membership card should be sufficient to get me into any *A partner lounge in the U.S. (save for the first-class lounges) regardless of whether I'm flying on that particular airline on that day. Is that the case or am I imagining things? It's really hard to figure this out, because there seems to be a lot of contradictory information...

Regardless, good for UA for getting this done! It's great that SFO passengers now have another option. There were no personnel checking BPs at either end of the walkway when I used it.

[Moderator's Note - Please follow additional discussion of this topic here.]

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 31, 2010 at 4:52 am
Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by erdehoff
.... From what I understand based on FT and the RCC TOS, the RCC membership card should be sufficient to get me into any *A partner lounge in the U.S. (save for the first-class lounges) regardless of whether I'm flying on that particular airline on that day. ...
Don't think the RCC membership will work unless traveling international, from RCC Features and privileges
Reciprocal club privileges extended to United Red Carpet Club members at U.S. Airways Club® when traveling on domestic U.S. Airways flights, and at the lounges of Star Alliance® member airlines when traveling internationally on those carriers

BTW, LH and maybe others have more generous policy for RCC members
Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:59 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Don't think the RCC membership will work unless traveling international, from RCC Features and privileges
Reciprocal club privileges extended to United Red Carpet Club members at U.S. Airways Club® when traveling on domestic U.S. Airways flights, and at the lounges of Star Alliance® member airlines when traveling internationally on those carriers

(NEW) Star-Alliance Lounge Access Policy:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/trave...ss-policy.html

Paid Lounge Membership Customers:
Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.
  • Customer must present a valid paid lounge membership card.
  • Customer must also present a boarding card for a same day Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport.
  • Customer is entitled to one guest
Am I missing something?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ari
Am I missing something?
Well to confuse things every more
SilverKris Lounges – Americas – San Francisco

Lounge Access (based on departing flight)
First Class
Business Class
Singapore Airlines PPS Club, Solitaire
Singapore Airlines PPS Club
Elite Gold, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
Star Alliance Gold
(please refer to respective membership guides for access conditions)

No mention of RCC or any paid membership access

Oh well, the typical case of inconsistent guidelines. Go well armed with printouts.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: nada these days
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Darn. But you can access them with *G even when traveling domestic, correct? Not that U.S. airports' non-FC lounges are much to write home about, but because I am a dork, I'd like to check them out anyway.

If so, that's another incentive to earn 1P again this year...

edit: I should note that this might be important for RCC members and/or domestic *G travelers who are looking for a shower, because the Silver Kris lounge at SFO has them.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 9:22 pm
sy7

Can UA Travellers Use the SQ Lounge at SFO?

I had a redeye from SFO, and really liked the ability to use the SKL lounge with Stargold status. There is enough food for a light dinner, so it was great as a departures lounge. I usually immediately try to sleep on a redeye and skip all the service, so it was nice to be able to grab something to eat beforehand. I wonder if they will change their policy to limit entrances. However, the hours are fairly limited, and I think the vast majority of Stargold fliers not on Flyertalk would have no idea that they could use this lounge for domestic flights!
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Originally Posted by sy7
However, the hours are fairly limited, and I think the vast majority of Stargold fliers not on Flyertalk would have no idea that they could use this lounge for domestic flights!
Where is it and what are the hours? Seems I have seen the sign in SFO before, can't recall where...
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Summer: 1050 - 1420 hours; 2155 - 0125 hours
Winter: 0900 - 1230 hours; 2035 - 0005 hours
(subject to flight schedule changes)
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by erdehoff
Darn. But you can access them with *G even when traveling domestic, correct?
Yes, but not UA/US *G.

As others have stated, the SKL is indeed worth the visit... it's a bona fide international lounge. Assortment of hot and cold food, ice cream, free booze, etc.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by LA_Traveler
You won't be able to use the RCC's if you are UA *G without paid RCC membership.
If I wanted to access another *G lounge at SFO like Singapore Airlines, I would be able to during regular hours?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by adam34space
So if Im a UA *G, would I be able to access any of the lounges in SFO when traveling on United Domestic flight?
On UA *G alone, no.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by adam34space
If I wanted to access another *G lounge at SFO like Singapore Airlines, I would be able to during regular hours?

Yes, you can use the SKL flying on UA domestic with your *G card. I did it twice last month flying to JFK and LAX. Even brought in a guest each time.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 2P
SQ lounge at SFO

So, since we have found out that the new LH lounge at IAD admits UA *G's traveling domestically, and they built the connector between the Int'l and Domestic terminal at SFO, would a UA *G traveling domestically be able to get into the SQ lounge at SFO, since they are a *G with a Star Alliance boarding pass?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
Yes, I've done it several times, even brought guests. ^
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by N334AA
Yes, I've done it several times, even brought guests. ^
Thats awesome. What are the hours, again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.