Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion for double miles to Germany?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2001, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Promotion for double miles to Germany?

Does anyone know of a current promotion offering double miles between Germany and the USA?

2 of my last three flights show up in my on-line statement with an extra double miles bonus, and I don't know why. The flights were in June and early July, but the extra bonus miles justed appeared either on Fri. or Sat.
Old Jul 22, 2001, 6:07 pm

Here is the Promo:

July 1 through August 31, 2001.
Germany bonus miles. Purchase and fly a qualifying roundtrip between North America and Germany on United or Lufthansa. You'll receive 10,000 Mileage PlusŪ bonus miles in First Class (F class) or Business Class (C or D class). Travel must be completed between July 1 and August 31, 2001. Not combinable with other offers. Valid only for residents of North America and Europe with tickets purchased in these locations. Valid with paid, published fares only. Valid only on flights operated by United and Lufthansa and not applicable to code share flights operated by other carriers. Bonus miles apply to base flight miles only and do not count toward PremierŪ status. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Residents of the U.S. and Canada must register to earn bonus miles. You must register by August 31, 2001. You only need to register once. Register online now, or call 1-800-447-6772 and enter offer code 100. (MPN C01)
Old Jul 22, 2001, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chances are that you were subject to a targeted promotion (since one of your flights was prior to the 'general' promotion mentioned by JS1K, and given the fact that you probably didn't register for MPNC01 as you might have recalled doing so?) and you just forgot you received the flyer in the mail. As they say, just enjoy the extra miles. Although you should register for all general promotions http://www.ual.com/site/primary/0,10017,1252,00.html and get even more miles, provided the promotion allows such double-dipping. I have not received any Europe/Germany-targeted bonuses in last three months.
Old Jul 22, 2001, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Thanks you the replies.
The extra bonus was exactly twice the flight miles. MPNC01 gives an extra 10,000 miles.

As far as targeted promotional mailings, I do not remeber this one.

But I am thankful for the extra miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.