Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Cancelled award ticket, miles returned, but itinerary still shows up

Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P

I recently cancelled an award ticket, and the miles were redeposited in my account by the time I got off the phone. However, it's been several days, and my itinerary still shows up online (and I can even change seats, etc.). Curious if anyone has seen this happen before, and if these cancelled itineraries only get cleared out on a weekly sweep or something.

I don't really feel like spending more time on the phone with a surly agent, but because I have a paid itinerary that flies out on the same days, I'm afraid that some automated system might see some kind of conflict and cancel out my paid itinerary. I'll probably just call to check on this, but I'm just a little annoyed about this.

(even as a 1K I seem to have been getting short-changed on the vaunted access to better agents; perhaps it's because I have no choice but to call late at night on the west coast?).
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:31 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by veezer
I recently cancelled an award ticket, and the miles were redeposited in my account by the time I got off the phone. However, it's been several days, and my itinerary still shows up online (and I can even change seats, etc.). Curious if anyone has seen this happen before, and if these cancelled itineraries only get cleared out on a weekly sweep or something.

I don't really feel like spending more time on the phone with a surly agent, but because I have a paid itinerary that flies out on the same days, I'm afraid that some automated system might see some kind of conflict and cancel out my paid itinerary. I'll probably just call to check on this, but I'm just a little annoyed about this.

(even as a 1K I seem to have been getting short-changed on the vaunted access to better agents; perhaps it's because I have no choice but to call late at night on the west coast?).
Assuming your flight's still a couple weeks off, why not email 1K Voice instead of calling?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Same thing happened to me: no problems after the flight date passed. It disappeared and I was not charged.

Even stranger was a UA revenue flight that I had booked then cancelled and booked another flight the same day. Both flights showed up on Mr. Chicken.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.