Booking Question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:34 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Booking Question

Hey,

So I am booking a flight for my wife & I from LAX>TPE, but then she will come home (TPE>LAX) after our Taiwan visit and I will go TPE>NRT for business, and then home NRT>LAX.

Questions are...

-I am 1P. If we book both flights together will we both be in E+ immediately for choosing seats? She is a general member.

- Will she be in E+ on her leg home by herself?

- Will I be able to book this over the phone without getting charged?

Thanks for any input/advice on the best way to do this!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wunderpit
Questions are...

-I am 1P. If we book both flights together will we both be in E+ immediately for choosing seats? She is a general member.

- Will she be in E+ on her leg home by herself?

- Will I be able to book this over the phone without getting charged?....
Because you are flying different itineraries, you will not be on a common PNR.
You will not be able to book the tickets on the phone without a phone fee --- but there is no charge for doing seat assignments on the phone.

For those flights on which you and your wife are flying together, you will be able to call and request E+ guest access for your wife.

For those flight you are not flying together, your wife will not be able to have access to E+ based on your status. Only works when you are also on the flight.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:43 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Because you are flying different itineraries, you will not be on a common PNR.
You will not be able to book the tickets on the phone without a phone fee --- but there is no charge for doing seat assignments on the phone.

For those flights on which you and your wife are flying together, you will be able to call and request E+ guest access for your wife.

For those flight you are not flying together, your wife will not be able to have access to E+ based on your status. Only works when you are also on the flight.
Thanks, WineCountry.

So if you were in my position, the best possible scenario would be to book two individual flights online, matching flights on the way to TPE, and then calling and requesting E+ for my wife. United acknowledges such requests? That's great if they do!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 8:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wunderpit
...United acknowledges such requests? That's great if they do!
Yes -- it is one of the listed preqs for UA elites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.