Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What cool or unusual United swag do you have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K

I picked up a cool United keychain at a 10k run in Chicago a few years ago that I haven't found a use for yet. (United was a sponsor of the event.) Got me to thinking... What cool or usual United swag have you picked up over the years?

If I can find that keychain, I'll take a photo of it and post it here. It might have been something you could purchase through the Mileage Plus Store.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I have a few:
  • My first set of UA wings (circa 1980), and little_1780's first wings (2006).
  • My "Royal Pacific Service" luggage tag
  • My dad gave me his UA Frank SInatra 1K CD several years back
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
All kinds of stuff from FT1, including a lapel pin. Oh and a wine glass somewhere too
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:49 pm

I received a bottle opener key chain at a Broncos game in Denver.

I also have a copy of the AETIS that a pilot gave me on a flight a few years ago.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
I collect unopened keywind coffee cans and I have a couple of United ones--I wonder if they used to punch holes in them and hang them in the lav?
Old Mar 26, 2009, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I have a bunch of United Vacations stuff from a trip in the early 90s.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1P
a Ted Necklace. I'm willing to part with it, but I'm holding out for a SWU in CC
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
A Kenneth Cole UA two-time-zone watch that doesn't work.

A UA keychain that has a blobbish thing that is supposed to be a 747.

Swag from the "London Bridge" inaugural (that was UA 998/999,
BOS-LHR v/v), just about a decade ago.

A nightshirt that says "Someone at United loves me" - which
might go far in explaining my "extraordinary loyalty" to the
airline, but, on the other hand, it might not.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A "Proud Owner" bumper sticker.

Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have a deck of playing cards which, strangely enough, I pilfered from the vacation condo we stayed at in Hawaii last week. Classic logo, classic font. Look fairly old.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
As a child I remember my dad had this cool, wall-mounted United Airlines plaque which said "United Airlines 100,000 Miles" or something, complete with a gold embossed globe circled by an airplane 4 times, and his engraved name. Sort of the 60's equivalent of Million Mile status!

I'm going to see if I can find it next time I visit home!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:25 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by StingWest
As a child I remember my dad had this cool, wall-mounted United Airlines plaque which said "United Airlines 100,000 Miles" or something, complete with a gold embossed globe circled by an airplane 4 times, and his engraved name. Sort of the 60's equivalent of Million Mile status!

I'm going to see if I can find it next time I visit home!
They are often for auction on eBay. Here is one auction happening right now...

100,000 Mile Club Plaque
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Prez
sadly I have enough unused (no longer good) old first class upgrades and $25 certificate that I can wall paper an entire room with.

PS. I have a second cousin who's first and only job was to fly for United. As my mother told me he answered an essay contest in the 30's why he wanted to learn how to fly and won. United gave him flying lessons and that was the only job he had his entire life. He just loved flying. Now retired but his last assignment was flying 747 from LAX to Hawaii. He told me that he would have flown it everyday if they let him but the restrictions on hours wouldn't allow it.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 9:34 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
As an active employee naturally I have a lot of promotional pins and buttons - (new service, milestones, anniversaries, etc.). An in-law gave me a UA postcard from the 1950's which I won't part with. However, my husband (retired from United) has the best stuff, because he NEVER throws anything out -- Uniform pieces (shirts, jackets, slacks, ties) from 1968 forward. However I particularly hate the striped navy and red tie that was worn in the 1980's (I call it the clown tie). - He has Hawaiian service United uniform shirts with the "Aloha Spirit" logos all over it and pictures of the Hawaiian islands. He has other stuff with UA logos (pens, award pendants and anniversary pins). He has all his annual airport ID photos. He also acquired one of those (slide in) Friendship Service signs that were used at gates years ago (about 4 x 20 inches). I especially like the complimentary letters he saved from passengers.
Sadly, I wish United was the airline I started with, the one that was so great, unbeatable, the true friendly skies.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
- 3 packs of playing cards (Blue and Grey sets)
- A couple of the United Wings that they give to kids from the 80's
- The old toiletry kits they would give you in international first and business
- McDonalds Happy Meal toys from when you could order kids special meals in Y
- Entertainment Guide from the inaugural flight of the 777 (along with various other items they gave out on this flight)
- United 777 model which I received when I took a ground ops tour of ORD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.