Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What cool or unusual United swag do you have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What cool or unusual United swag do you have?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
I have a United Travel Card that I found yesterday that I had no idea I had. Has to be years old (when did they first introduce these).

Maybe I should try to use it.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
I have a "Shuttle By United" keychain that I picked up in the Oakland airport a few months ago.

I also several sets of the "Royal Pacific Service" branded United playing cards.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by amartin1979
... I have a "Shuttle By United" keychain that I picked up in the Oakland airport a few months ago ...
Sounds like a Twilight Zone.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 3:33 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Some playing cards.

Several signed (by pilots) b-cards.

Several UA cloth napkins (given to me by FA's; they were wrapped around bottles of wine (the wine is long gone).

RCC luggage tags.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 3:36 am

Programs: 1K no more
I have an old white with United logo 100,000 miles plastic luggage tag earned by my father-in-law in the 80s.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
1940’s folder style brochure showing the old United routes with several notes from the captain written on UA stationary.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
I have a lovely black leather portfolio with 1K embossed on it and some 1K all leather luggage tags.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Lapel pins, vintage route maps, mai tais stirs, "Spirit of Flight" book, playing cards, ticket jackets, boarding passes. Maybe I will add some pictures.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I recently changed my primary residence, and had to get rid of a lot of "junk" that I accumulated over the years.

I had over 100 various United F and C amenity bags/pouches from the past 17 years. Mrs. UA_Flyers donated them before the move.

I also discovered I had an unused *A upgraded certificate (good for flights on the original five members of *A) from 1998. Yes, it was pre my FT days, and I let it expired.

I still have the George Gershwin "United Celebration" CD from ten years ago. I think all the 1Ks received a copy when the CD was released.

I just uploaded the songs to my new iPhone last week. There were two short United renditions of "Rhapsody in Blue" from the United audio programs in the late 90s that some of us who flew United back then.

Mrs. UA_Flyer and I also have two United Polo shirts we received from attending an ATP event as guests of United. several years ago. A photo taken with Michael Chang (with autograph) at the same event with a huge United billboard as a backdrop.

I still have the original white paper United M+ card from the application form I submitted in 1991.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
My United engraved iPod for flying 2,000,000 miles
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:39 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I have a white envelope I recently purchased from eBay and I was surprised to see two sweet spot certificates inside. I vaguely remember the seller saying he'd throw the two in for free. No wonder the envelope was a thousand bucks.

No, I'm kidding - and I know this is a cardinal sin, especially on FT.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Wow, everyone's stuff is pretty good...two of my favourite United pieces are pieces of paper:

* The Bookmark-size handout for D.C. flyers to lobby to the DOT to ensure United wins the right for IAD-PEK...both two of the best places on earth.

* And something not really United, but is...the Entertainment guide for AF-1, printed on nice paper of course, but when you turn it over - it shows that the material was produced by United Airlines Plus, the font used is pretty noticeable...only if UA could get a few 74's (albeit not a 200 series) with that configuration ^

-jeremy
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:27 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
How about a former UA employee (mechanic) recently laid off who now works for me. Does that count?
Old Mar 28, 2009, 1:08 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
A UA pay stub dated 25 Mar, 2009. (Funny, on the back of it are ads paid for by 1-800-safe auto, direct TV, and a credit card relief company.)
Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:21 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
a "united will stand" pin
2 ua tail pins
6 ps coffee mugs (no i didn't steal them-i asked if could have one and the purse gave me 6)
wings (2 sets)
frank sinatra c/d
1 blue bracelet
1 orange bracelet
numerous cloth napkins (for the same reason as mauiUAflyer )
1 deck of unopened playing cards from 1968

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.