Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

International Boarding Order for UA? [Merged Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Boarding Order for UA? [Merged Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: marco polo gold, NW gold , 12 step recovery , safe driver
Question International Boarding Order for UA? [Merged Thread]

Good day expertly gents,

After flying NWA to Asia for awhile I am now fed up with the S L O W aeroplanes they have chosen to use on the SFO-BKK flights. . The vintage 757-200 they just put into service NRT-BKK was the final straw. It's like flying on southwest airlines for 6 and 1/2 hours. Rather not wait and see what happens with the Delta merger.

I am changing over to UAL and star alliance for my travel needs and I've booked 3 flights to Asia on UAL.

Beggin your pardon but does UAL board window first then middle then aisle or does everybody just board from one long line for International flights (in economy)??

I did a search but can't seem to find the answer.

Gracias..you guys are the best.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
United boards, in this order,
First/Business/GS (the highest level of elites) and 1Ks
then 1P (Prem Exec)
then Boarding Group 1, all other elites and those who have purchased premier line boarding (US airports only)
then Boarding Group 2 - windows
then Boarding Group 3 - middles
then Boarding Group 4 - ailses
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 2K, Marriott Platinium, Global Entry, Hyatt Diamond
Boarding:
gs, 1k, First,
Business,
*g 1p,
Seating area 1:
2p,3p
Then I believe it is windows to aisle for 2-4.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:55 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by HashPipe
... I am changing over to UAL and star alliance for my travel needs and I've booked 3 flights to Asia on UAL. ... (in economy) ...
If you have already booked 3 USA-Asia flights and anticipate more, you might want to consider purchasing the annual Economy Plus Access Pass and maybe the Premier Line access. The Premier line gets you on the plane early and the EAP will keep you in E+ until you earn basic status - which you certainly will with that amount of flying. On flights that long, the extra legroom makes a huge difference.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:18 am

Programs: UA 1K
Or maybe purchase E+ at the gate for the first few flights - you will likely have 2P (*A silver) after 3 one-way trips to Asia or so - and will get E+ for free after that - so maybe it will work out cheaper than the annual purchase option?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
And after 3 flights US-Thailand (judging by your location) you'll be 1P and *G.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by HashPipe
Good day expertly gents
Welcome to the UA side of things. Over here we have some fabulously helpful ladies too!
Old Mar 8, 2009, 1:37 am

Depending on how close the flights are together, you might also want to consider the fast track option, or even a status match from NWA. Status match is free, but you will have to fly like 15k miles within a 3 month period. This will net you bonus miles as well as free economy plus seating.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 1:53 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by fone
Depending on how close the flights are together, you might also want to consider the fast track option, or even a status match from NWA. Status match is free, but you will have to fly like 15k miles within a 3 month period. This will net you bonus miles as well as free economy plus seating.
Agreed, go for status match or the fast track: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ast-track.html

SFO-NRT-BKK-NRT-SFO will be enough to get the 15k miles for 1P...
Old Mar 8, 2009, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by Trulyblues
Welcome to the UA side of things. Over here we have some fabulously helpful ladies too!
you beat me to it.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: marco polo gold, NW gold , 12 step recovery , safe driver
Originally Posted by karenkay
you beat me to it.
Many thanks to all replies and yes, of course ladies are on the board also and provide helpful info......it was just an oversight. Just arrived Bangkok. Damm jet lagged I am. It's a long way here.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
A pecking order for boarding?

I was in MUC today for UA 903 and was first on the red carpet for boarding. The GA called United GS, First Class, Business Class, and 1Ks (I was 1K in C). I handed him my BP and was told to stand aside so that the man behind me could board ahead of me. I asked and was told he was GS. Do GS services automatically get to board first?

This is really no big deal. Boarding 2nd on a mostly full flight was fine. But I thought that the whole deal was rather petty and I had not seen it before.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep. I've had that happen to me, too.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:47 pm

By rule 1K and GS board at the same time.

Be happy you are not 1P and have an agent call 1P and Group 1 boarding at the same time.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I've had it worse - flying FRA > SFO on UA metal, where all of Y boarded first, and the GA reminding F and C to wait until Y was fully boarded.

On recent flights in USA, ORD > SFO had GS, 1K, and F all boarding (not sure of the order). Then GA called for 1P. But this was a 3-class plane and we were in C, so I was confused as to why C wasn't called before 1P. Not a huge deal of course, when I'm in C I'll gladly be the last person to enter the plane.

In the MUC 903 example, if GA wanted the GS to board first, why didn't GA call GS (and *only* GS) to board first... then allow 1K / F / C?

I think it's weird that paid F is boarding at the same time as people who paid for upgradeable Economy and are sitting in C thanks to RDMs / SWUs. I love C but think C should board after F/1K. Of course, I'm sure most of C is full of 1K.

One thing we confirm on FT is that there is no real consistency with boarding order... except that GMs in Seating 2 / 3 / 4 are always going to be the last to board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.