Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

any limit to the number of times I can change a refundable ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

I know this might sound like a silly question, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there's any limit to the number of times I can makes changes to a fully refundable ticket (C fare basis). There's no mention of it in the fare rules, but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing anything. Also, is a new ticket issued if I make changes?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 24, 2009, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I don't think so. I have made many (many) changes on an award ticket before without any hassle.

I cannot see why you would have trouble making 10 or 100 changes on a full-fare C ticket.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I do NOT have expierence in this (so take it with a grain of salt). But it seems you should be able to change the ticket unlimited times as long as each time it gets changed to a fully refundable/changable ticket (ie you don't refare to a restricted fare basis).
Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA1K, AAPlat, SPG-G
Fully refundable ticket is fully refundable as long as you continue exchange to a fully refundable fare!
Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Think you can change it as much as you want. However, check the fare rules to see if there is a limit on when you have to return by. Not sure for full Y fares, but i know at least some fare classes, you have to return within a year of the original departure date.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
As long as the fare bucket you purchassed is available then there is no limit.

Example if you buy an E fare there has to be an E fare on the new flight or there will be a fare difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.