Wiki Posts
Search

Seats 6C and 6H blocked on Int 767-300?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2009, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Seats 6C and 6H blocked on Int 767-300?

Have an upcoming trip from ORD-LHR in C and just like most solo passengers, wanted to bag 6C or 6H (best seats IMO). Both seats were unavailable for both legs. Did a random search of 30 dates thru EOS and seat map shows occupied on every date and flight. I wondered if these seats were blocked until shortly before departure. If they are blocked, anyway to "unblock" them, esp for GS?

Last edited by LAXOGG; Feb 23, 2009 at 4:09 pm
Old Feb 23, 2009, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA GS, and Marriott Plat
Seatguru says these are blocked for crew rest.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FT Lurker
Interesting. No mention on SeatExpert

On prior trips, I have been able to pick these up on day prior to departure.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis First, SPG Plat, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FT Lurker
This seems a little strange to me. 2K in F is the rest seat for the pilot and 13AB and 14AB in the back of the Business Cabin should be reserved for FAs. 13AB and 14AB are Economy Plus seats with an added leg rest and in the past they have the curtains that can be drawn around them. Given the range limitations of the 763 (it can't fly 14 hours) I can't think of any union restrictions that would require even more crew rests (like the 777XP that has the bunks for the pilots then the 8AB seats for meals).
Old Feb 23, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I don't think they are blocked I had 6H on a recent ORD-LHR flight. I had also read that they were the preferred seats and when I booked the flight neither were available. I kept checking back periodically, and then 3 days before the flight both 6CH opened up. I assumed that whoever held the seats had either switched flights or been upgraded to 1st class. In any case, I preferred 7A which I got for the return, I felt that the middle seats have a little two much open public area with people passing by in the aisles.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I have 6C for IAD-EZE and EZE-IAD this August. I noticed that not long (couple weeks) after I snagged mine, someone else came and got 6H both legs (not necessarily the same person, of course).

Maybe just popular seats?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:45 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Exclamation Thank you, thank you, thank you, OP

I was about to start a thread entitled, "What's with 6C and 6H on the new 767 C cabin?" I've recently made some schedule changes to IAD-EZE, IAD-CDG, IAD-LHR flights. When I checked the available seats (starting as if I were starting a new reservation) for as far out as I went, these two seats are blocked -- all 767 flights. Crew definitely has the F bed and the seats by the mid-cabin galley, so that's not it.

So, "What's with 6C and 6H always being blocked in the new 767 C cabin, even when there's not another seat taken (flight after flight after flight)?!"

Hunch: They're plums to give out later, just as F seats are held back until the last minute, for instance, between BOS and IAD on the 319 and 320. Though I don't know for whom... They're (6C, 6H) just as blocked from me as they are from everyone.

OK - I'll put it out there: It's a discreet GS perk to hold them back.

Last edited by Firewind; Feb 24, 2009 at 12:50 am
Old Feb 24, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Could they be blocked for ADA purposes? That would explin the "blocked until day prior" scenario.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Been checking flights ex ORD to LHR for tomorrow (Flt 958 and 928). 6C and 6H opened up exactly 24 hours prior to departure.

Update......6C and CH opened up at the 24 hour mark on 938.

Last edited by LAXOGG; Feb 24, 2009 at 9:08 pm Reason: Updated info
Old Feb 24, 2009, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, RCC
All 4 upcoming legs in new C have 6CH taken, rest of cabin empty
Old Feb 25, 2009, 12:59 am

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Firewind

OK - I'll put it out there: It's a discreet GS perk to hold them back.
Hate to burst your bubble but they weren't available for a Sept flight ORD-LHR and CDG-ORD for me either.
I think I'd rather be facing backwards anyway for the increase in "head over foot" height. I hate to have the blood rush to my head after too many cocktails while trying to sleep.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 2:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.152 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Could they be blocked for ADA purposes? That would explin the "blocked until day prior" scenario.
I've never seen any ADA blocking in premium cabins
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:58 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
UA 763 (new config) Seats 6CD blocked

I've been checking IAD/GVA and vv every day from the start date to June 16 and seats 6CD seemed to be blocked for every flight. Is there a reason for this? This may have been posted somewhere else but the search returned no results for me.

Why does UA do this and if I am flying this aircraft frequently, how can I get these seats before check-in.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:05 am

Crew rest by chance?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
On the new config 744, it seems to be 6B and 6J that are blocked. I just assumed those were the most sought after by GS or full fare passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.