Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IFL vs. ANA First Lounge @ NRT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2009, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Does ANA offer an F lounge in both locations within NRT?

Does NRT IFL offer a better version of the C shower amenity kit?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by IFlyMRY
What would your different recommendation be? I'll be flying UA C for my first time (always been in F) thru NRT in a couple of weeks. Besides the RCC below the UA IFL what other options will I have?
I assume they meant they would then recommend the NH C lounge over the UA C lounge which is the majority of folks on this board.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:22 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Does ANA offer an F lounge in both locations within NRT?

Does NRT IFL offer a better version of the C shower amenity kit?
ANA has an F lounge in both locations. I do not remember the amenity kit being any different. In one location they actually share the shower facilities as the lounges are on the same level so I know that shower facility is the same.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
ANA F does NOT offer better food. I don't like those small sad dishes on the cart and the noodle bar

IMO, UA IFL has better food.

But comfort and shower/amenities-wise, ANA is definitely better. Although I'd like to argue that the shower H2O spa kit given at UA IFL is heavenly. (You don't get that spa kit from Business)

So, I'd go to UA IFL to eat and ask for a shower kit, then proceed to ANA lounge to hang out and shower
Old Oct 13, 2009, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by IFlyMRY
What would your different recommendation be? I'll be flying UA C for my first time (always been in F) thru NRT in a couple of weeks. Besides the RCC below the UA IFL what other options will I have?
I went through NRT twice last week, and visited both RCC and ANA C.

ANA lounge is smaller, but better food and more choices of drinks, reading materials. There are also massage lounge chairs which were quite useful after long flights. There is also a noodle bar that offer six noodle soup choices.

RCC is more spacious, and for some reason faster wifi. Showers are better than ANA C. However, the lounge were packed both times I was there. ANA is quiet and has a cozy feeling.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
So, I'd go to UA IFL to eat and ask for a shower kit, then proceed to ANA lounge to hang out and shower
Thanks, that's the info I was looking for.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 5:44 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 1P, UA Chase Mileage Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
ANA F does NOT offer better food. I don't like those small sad dishes on the cart and the noodle bar

IMO, UA IFL has better food.

But comfort and shower/amenities-wise, ANA is definitely better. Although I'd like to argue that the shower H2O spa kit given at UA IFL is heavenly. (You don't get that spa kit from Business)

I would have to agree. I was just at NRT on Sunday and went to both IFL and ANA F lounge. I thought the IFL food was way better. I loved the IFL shower kit. The cool thing about the ANA lounge is that they had a bank of computers for use. I also liked the view of the tarmac and the runway from the IFL way better as well.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I went through the NRT UA IFL last week. I thought it was the best one in the UA system that I have visited (note: I've only ever been in "domestic" IFL's & the one in FRA). The shower was nice, wifi worked great, and I enjoyed the food and drink. I had only a 3 hour layover (total time from landing to take-off, not lounge time), so I just stayed in the IFL.

On the way back this coming Monday, my lay-over is twice as long. If I get F-lounge access, I plan to visit both to compare.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 7:32 am

Programs: Former UAL 1K
The ANA lounge is smaller, quieter, and has a noodle bar and a sake bar.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:34 am

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by phx-phlyer
The ANA lounge is smaller, quieter, and has a noodle bar and a sake bar.
The larger one is in the 50's gate area. Equally as quiet & nice with great views.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:57 am

I visited both lounges today...

So I'm flying ICN-NRT-HNL today. Had a ~6 hour lay-over in NRT. Went to both the NRT UA IFL and the NRT ANA IFL, just to compare the two.

Both lounges are nice. The UA lounge is bigger. Upon entering the ANA lounge, one is greeted with hot towels. (Hot towels are to be had at the UA lounge but you have to get them yourself). ANA has a better (slightlly) sake selection. UA has a better champaigne selection. UA has a better food selection ( I didn'e see any noodle choices at the ANA lounge; maybe this is to be found at the other ANA lounge?).

I took showers at BOTH LOUNGES. Just to give a fair side-by-side comparison. I didn't use any of my own stuff, just what was provided.

In the final analysis, both were just fine. The UA shower kit was better, in what it gave you (ANA was pretty basic). Both shower facilities were just fine. ANA had 'bidet' toilets, and UA doesn't, but since there is a shower right there to be had, who cares? UA gives you a razor and comb; ANA jus a plastic brush. Neither give you underarm deoderant. Both give you toothbrush and toothpaste.

UA's wireless was bit snappier, and the club is larger in area. ANA has an automatic currency converter.

So, I would have to say that both are 'very nice'. Neither is 'unacceptable'. But on the whole, I would have to give the edge to the UA IFL, over the ANA IFL.

If you are coming into NRT with limited time, the UA IFL is great. If you have lots of time to spare, check both out. YMMV.

Enjoy!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
Not much to add but ^ to mauiUAflyer for taking a shower in both lounges to do a proper comparison .

It seems for most FTers the proper protocol for *G lounge visitation is the RCC first for a shower (and maybe a beer), then on to the NH lounge for food. I agree with those that say the RCC shower facilities and kit are much better than NH (unless you have to have the heated toilet seat).
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by leech27
Not much to add but ^ to mauiUAflyer for taking a shower in both lounges to do a proper comparison .

It seems for most FTers the proper protocol for *G lounge visitation is the RCC first for a shower (and maybe a beer), then on to the NH lounge for food. I agree with those that say the RCC shower facilities and kit are much better than NH (unless you have to have the heated toilet seat).
I can't say for certain, but I think the UA IFL has a heated
towel bar. But not heated toilet seat, for sure.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by leech27
And I feel extra clean for my flight to HNL!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my transit a few days ago I only got to the RCC IFL. The shower kit seems to be the same as in the C lounge, just in a different bag. I've done the C shower comparison in the past but didn't get to the ANA first lounge this time.

The food was alright in the RCC IFL, but each time new sushi was put out the first four people present devoured everything. The champagne was tasty, but after two glasses the bottle was empty and appeared to be taken away and not replaced. The lounge was crowded, but not overly so.

It offered a nice view over the tarmac. Would have liked more time and to be less tired, but such is life. There's always next time.

The one hassle was just getting inside. Coming from NY through SF I didn't have a lounge invite and it took them (can't call those woman at the entrance dragons) a bit long to get me sorted out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.