Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is UA going to kill Ted?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K, UA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Avis Pref Plus, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by why fly
I never did understand the big deal about TED... it was fine.. ? E+ and Exit rows to 1K's so whats the big deal..... for other passengers they got a free can of pop.
The big deal was when I had a confirmed upgrade (CR-1) on ORD-SFO on 12/29, and they swapped the plane for a Ted 32S. Since I was connecting at ORD, and didn't find out about the swap until I reached the gate (and had to board nearly immediately), my breakfast morphed from a hot meal and F service to a snack box If I had been expecting E+, I would have been fine with E+. But to expect NF and be surprised at the gate with E+ made me not pleased.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Akira
they should do what Lufthansa has done on some of their Airbuses by sectioning off a first class section of about 10 rows
This is standard practice for intra-European flight. But then, the European carriers also charge 5x for the seat...
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Originally Posted by Liz
According to the company Ted is gone. We are not to mention it.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dmach
The big deal was when I had a confirmed upgrade (CR-1) on ORD-SFO on 12/29, and they swapped the plane for a Ted 32S.
I had the same thing happen on a SFO-LAX flight, though it wasn't that big a deal as I had the extra couple inches of pitch in E+
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:30 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Not soon enough!

Elite Status Is Not A Matter of Life and Death...It's Much More Important Than That!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.